Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

We shouldn't have to travel so far for the biometric card

We shouldn't have to travel so far for the biometric card

Old Nov 1st 2022, 1:21 pm
Happiest in the sun

Score76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We shouldn't have to travel so far for the biometric card

Yes, we both managed to get the same slot this Friday. I will report back.
Old Nov 1st 2022, 1:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

bons is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Score76
Please do, that would be great.
Old Nov 1st 2022, 4:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

toots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond repute

"Meanwhile, we are eternally grateful that we only have to travel an hour or so to Santarem!!"

Snap!! Me too RA.Greetings from S.de M.....
Old Nov 1st 2022, 5:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

sportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Score76
I just looked at the schedule for Lisbon and was horrified to see lots of the November dates already gone so I've booked myself in for 2pm on Thursday. Looks like I'll be reporting back on how things go. Now to book a train ticket. The email confirming the appointment didn't say what documents I need to bring and as far as I can remember from other posts on the forum I need my passport, residency certificate and the paper with the QR code that we are supposed to use when going through the airport. Please advise if I've forgotten something.
Old Nov 1st 2022, 5:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sportpix
I just looked at the schedule for Lisbon and was horrified to see lots of the November dates already gone so I've booked myself in for 2pm on Thursday. Looks like I'll be reporting back on how things go. Now to book a train ticket. The email confirming the appointment didn't say what documents I need to bring and as far as I can remember from other posts on the forum I need my passport, residency certificate and the paper with the QR code that we are supposed to use when going through the airport. Please advise if I've forgotten something

The email inviting you to make an appointment had a paragraph with the documents you will need.

Last edited by Rosemary; Nov 1st 2022 at 10:10 pm. Reason: corrected quote
Old Nov 1st 2022, 5:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

sportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bons
The email inviting you to make an appointment had a paragraph with the documents you will need.

Thank you for your help. The final par says something about making sure my data is correct and then says: When attending, you must be accompanied by your passport as well as your residence document (if it has been previously issued).

So it sounds like just those two items. This is beginning to make me nervous!

Last edited by Rosemary; Nov 1st 2022 at 10:13 pm. Reason: corrected quote
Old Nov 1st 2022, 5:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thank you for your help. The final par says something about making sure my data is correct and then says: When attending, you must be accompanied by your passport as well as your residence document (if it has been previously issued).

So it sounds like just those two items. This is beginning to make me nervous!

Does it say anything about proof of address? I have a black folder which contains everything we ever received when we arrived, I'm taking the lot and keeping my fingers crossed. I think you might need the Utente form too.

Last edited by Rosemary; Nov 1st 2022 at 10:15 pm. Reason: corrected quote
Old Nov 1st 2022, 6:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bons
Does it say anything about proof of address? I have a black folder which contains everything we ever received when we arrived, I'm taking the lot and keeping my fingers crossed. I think you might need the Utente form too.
Good point, and thank you for raising it. I have two very thick folders of paperwork which I plan to take with me, but I didn’t think of proof of address. Tomorrow I will print out the electric bill and add it to one of the folders. My plan to get the early train then head back early afternoon was scuppered by the few appointments remaining, which is why I’m going on Thursday. I just want this over and done with. Trying to ease the mental pain with red wine …

Last edited by Rosemary; Nov 1st 2022 at 10:17 pm. Reason: corrected quote
Old Nov 1st 2022, 6:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

santaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond repute

Good point, and thank you for raising it. I have two very thick folders of paperwork which I plan to take with me, but I didn’t think of proof of address. Tomorrow I will print out the electric bill and add it to one of the folders. My plan to get the early train then head back early afternoon was scuppered by the few appointments remaining, which is why I’m going on Thursday. I just want this over and done with. Trying to ease the mental pain with red wine …

i am from the Coimbra distict , so i feel sorry for wat i am hearing on hear,my experiance was as follows ,
hi 16 hr appointment ,me yes ,reply please sit down an fill in this form, me Ok ,name, father name mothers name, nif number, niss number, address , signiture,Done Next smile into camra ,next finger prints ,,THANK YOU SIR ALL DONE.apart from given then my passport that was it.10 mins later having a beer outside. hope it the same for everyone else,no proof of address requiered.

Last edited by Rosemary; Nov 1st 2022 at 10:19 pm. Reason: corrected quote
Old Nov 1st 2022, 6:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by santaanita
i am from the Coimbra distict , so i feel sorry for wat i am hearing on hear,my experiance was as follows ,
hi 16 hr appointment ,me yes ,reply please sit down an fill in this form, me Ok ,name, father name mothers name, nif number, niss number, address , signiture,Done Next smile into camra ,next finger prints ,,THANK YOU SIR ALL DONE.apart from given then my passport that was it.10 mins later having a beer outside. hope it the same for everyone else,no proof of address requiered.
Sounds painless! Have you got your card now?

Last edited by Rosemary; Nov 1st 2022 at 10:21 pm. Reason: corrected quote
Old Nov 1st 2022, 6:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

what is a NISS number? I have a European Health Insurance Card. Is this the same?

Last edited by Rosemary; Nov 1st 2022 at 10:22 pm.
Old Nov 1st 2022, 6:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

I had to ask this, I think it's a Social Security number that you have if you work. I don't have one either.

Last edited by Rosemary; Nov 1st 2022 at 10:23 pm.
Old Nov 1st 2022, 7:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

santaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond repute

no i was given a piece of paper that says,after 48 hours, acess the BREXIT portal to download the billing document .if you do not pay within the period stated in the document , you must contact SEF.

Old Nov 1st 2022, 7:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

its from the socal securicty office ,but they told me it was not necessary,its the same as NHI in uk

Old Nov 1st 2022, 7:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

the bit that made me giggle was the guy had to stand behind me holding a large piece of hardboard to stop people photo bombing the photo,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.