water bills

Old Oct 18th 2019, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

winniepop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default water bills

Hi

sorry if this has been covered before, I couldnt find it.

Priorto my moving to PT, I am sure I saw that water bills were low, around €15 permonth maybe?

We are a fmaily of 3, no swimming pool or garden to water. We shower, no bath, have a high rated washing machine and dishwasher.

Our bills are around €40 a month - does this sound right? we are even careful with flushing the loo (ot after every number 1 for example!) Seems a lot to me.. I hope I ma not paying for upstairs too! We are in a duplex.

Water districtis Oeiras.

thanks for any info
Old Oct 18th 2019, 7:52 pm
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: water bills

Have a look at the bill to see whether it's been done on an estimation or an actual meter reading.

Can you give us the per cubic metre cost and whether it's all charged at the same rate?

Roughly what proportion of the bill is the water consumption alone?

These would all be useful for evaluation & comparison purposes.
Old Oct 18th 2019, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

Ok so it looks like I made an error, and it unused last month's bill I must have not paid!
this month is €23, much better but still high? Pic attached with info

Old Oct 19th 2019, 6:30 am
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by winniepop
Ok so it looks like I made an error, and it unused last month's bill I must have not paid!
this month is €23, much better but still high? Pic attached with info
"It unused"? I'm not sure what you mean there. I don't think the pic loaded successfully, either.

I'm on a 2 month billing cycle, household of 2, we're neither profligate nor parsimonious with water but it's only washing machine, baths and showers, drinking and cooking. The last 4 bills have been between 31 and 37 euros total so 15 to 19 ish euros per month, of which actual water consumption and disposal is around half. We pay 45 cents a cubic metre up to 5 cm³ and 81 cents between 5 & 15 cm³

I would expect it to be a little heftier in the Lisbon metropolitan area.
Old Oct 19th 2019, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

ah sorry, not sure why it didnt load.

Old Oct 19th 2019, 1:08 pm
Polished expat

Just a couple of observations to add to what I've already said then, in that case.

Firstly it's an estimated bill (as stated in the "Consumo faturado" box), so if you want to check whether it's accurate, you'll have to track back to a point where a reading was done, tot up the estimated consumption you've been billed for since and have a look at your meter now to see if it tallies with that or is over or under (not forgetting that there's a few days' consumption not accounted for since that last bill).

Secondly, if that is accurate it's almost identical to what my wife and I consume on a monthly basis, so all the variation between your bill and ours is due to differences in unit costs and standing charges.
Old Oct 19th 2019, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

That is really useful, thank you for replying