Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Want to move to Portugal

Want to move to Portugal

Old Jun 9th 2006, 8:22 pm

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Want to move to Portugal

Originally Posted by Nomad_H
I've just seen a new thread whereby one can have free face mapping & a glass of champagne. in Lagos.
Where I am there are quite a few of them walking around with a "face like a street map" - why pay for it?? In fact they all weigh about 400lbs as well, do you think it's the champagne?? I mean what do they do? Tattoo Lisbon where your chin is and Porto between the eyes; therefore your mouth is the Tagus - is that face mapping??
Have you sold your house yet??

Cheers
Nomad
Ive just read the thread too,made me titter,what the hell does it mean??????
Maybe I need sat nav to put on my lipstick watdya think?
Old Jun 9th 2006, 8:30 pm
---------

Nomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clerigogirl
Oi im only 8 stone and have a face like an angel (obviously)
and no not yet!!!!!
Ps I lervvvvvvvvvvv champagne hic
I didnt for one minute mean you in my comments, but I must admit I am shattered because I thought you were 8 Stone 1lb. It just goes to show how wrong one can be.
Do you think Ged has finished lunch yet?? It's that splash of whisky in the expresso coffee that worries me.
Do you know the difference between a weasel and a stoat?

Nomad
Old Jun 9th 2006, 8:38 pm

I didnt for one minute mean you in my comments, but I must admit I am shattered because I thought you were 8 Stone 1lb. It just goes to show how wrong one can be.
Do you think Ged has finished lunch yet?? It's that splash of whisky in the expresso coffee that worries me.

Nomad
suspect ged is still on the after lunch snifters
Ah you see,sorry to dissapoint,I will try to eat loads of Pastela da natas to make up the extra pound!!
Ok I know im leaving myself wide open but no I dont know the difference,please enlighten me
Old Jun 9th 2006, 8:46 pm
---------

Nomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond repute

Ah you see,sorry to dissapoint,I will try to eat loads of Pastela da natas to make up the extra pound!!
Ok I know im leaving myself wide open but no I dont know the difference,please enlighten me
A weasel is weasily distinguishable whereby a stoat is stoatally different.
Old Jun 9th 2006, 8:48 pm

A weasel is weasily distinguishable whereby a stoat is stoatally different.
you are insane i love that in a man you do make me laugh
Old Jun 10th 2006, 8:24 pm

Nomad
Aha all too busy watchin england football!!!!!
Crap 2nd half I thought!!!!
Old Jun 11th 2006, 5:20 am
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

A bloke from Lisbon opened up a bakery about 45 minutes from me the other day. I daren't go near it, as I know for a fact, that I'll land up putting on 50 lbs!
Old Jun 11th 2006, 2:46 pm
---------

Aha all too busy watchin england football!!!!!
Crap 2nd half I thought!!!!
Didnt reply yesterday - was in conference with the grape. I did watch England,s assortment of overpriced luminaries failing to impress, and a referee who was so mentally challenged that if his brain was transplanted into a crow, the bloody thing would fly backwards.
Caw! that was a good one.
Question: Do you have ebay in Portugal and if so is it the US or Uk site or is there a European one??
Old Jun 11th 2006, 2:50 pm
---------

Originally Posted by TouristTrap
A bloke from Lisbon opened up a bakery about 45 minutes from me the other day. I daren't go near it, as I know for a fact, that I'll land up putting on 50 lbs!
I wish something like that would open near me, but I fear it would be too much of a culture shock for the local fish and chip brigade.
By the way Tourist, what is that Portuguese bread called - the one with olives in and all that??
Cheers
Nomad
Old Jun 11th 2006, 3:16 pm

Didnt reply yesterday - was in conference with the grape. I did watch England,s assortment of overpriced luminaries failing to impress, and a referee who was so mentally challenged that if his brain was transplanted into a crow, the bloody thing would fly backwards.
Caw! that was a good one.
Question: Do you have ebay in Portugal and if so is it the US or Uk site or is there a European one??
Hi Nomad
I use both of them,US and UK,but there is no paypal site in Portugal,which causes complications ive found!
Old Jun 11th 2006, 3:37 pm
---------

Hi Nomad
I use both of them,US and UK,but there is no paypal site in Portugal,which causes complications ive found!
Hi Cleri
Pardon my naivety, but if anybody in Europe wants to buy or sell items they can only use ebay US or Uk, so why dont I see any Euro cities when I browse ebay.
Complications sending cash for items bought or receiving for items sold?? Which is the greater?
Old Jun 11th 2006, 3:57 pm

Hi Cleri
Pardon my naivety, but if anybody in Europe wants to buy or sell items they can only use ebay US or Uk, so why dont I see any Euro cities when I browse ebay.
Complications sending cash for items bought or receiving for items sold?? Which is the greater?
Good point,I really dont know,maybe there is a secret e bay lurking in Europe that I havent discovered.
You can register for paypal in Spain so there must be a need for it,typical that Portugal is behind the times there.
I have given up trying to sell anything because i couldnt change my paypal details.The last time I bought something,I got a Uk friend to pay for it on her paypal,and then sent her a cheque (what a pain) so I have pretty much given up on it now
Old Jun 11th 2006, 3:59 pm

Good point,I really dont know,maybe there is a secret e bay lurking in Europe that I havent discovered.
You can register for paypal in Spain so there must be a need for it,typical that Portugal is behind the times there.
I have given up trying to sell anything because i couldnt change my paypal details.The last time I bought something,I got a Uk friend to pay for it on her paypal,and then sent her a cheque (what a pain) so I have pretty much given up on it now
I have just used my "portugal google" and it comes up with ebay france, ebay netherlands Ebay canada etc etc
Old Jun 11th 2006, 4:01 pm

I have just used my "portugal google" and it comes up with ebay france, ebay netherlands Ebay canada etc etc
Just found e bay india,now theres a thing!!!
There are loads of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! germany,singapore etc etc
Old Jun 11th 2006, 6:36 pm
---------

Just found e bay india,now theres a thing!!!
There are loads of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! germany,singapore etc etc
You are right - thankyou! I was trying to search for ebay countries on Yahoo with no success at all - Google no problem. What a clever girl you are.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.