Vodafone PT

Old Feb 21st 2024, 4:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

wellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond repute
Default Vodafone PT

Started a contract with Vodafone PT a week ago for mobile data only.
Have opened an account to gain online view of account.
Cannot find amount of data being used (to ensure I do not go above my allotted monthly allowance)
No such page exists.
So went to Voda shop to ask what to do. (I do all of this stuff on my computer rather than the app on phone.)
I was told I need to go online, go to additional services and then I would get an activation code SMS after I input the phone number.
So at home did that and apparently my request for activation was successful,
It then gave the option of entering the phone number and password.
Well only password I have is the one to Logon to the Vodafone.pt.
Input that and its says wrong password (odd as I just logged on using the very same password.
So tried to download the Vodafne PT all from Playstore on the phone that is using the Vodafone PT sim.....result it says:
You cannot download this app in your country !!!

So thats handy, PT sim in Portugal and cannot have the app?
Any suggestions
Old Feb 22nd 2024, 7:04 am
Just Joined

karolsf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Vodafone PT

Do you have a VPN? If so, connect the VPN to Portugal, then download the app from the Play Store.
Old Feb 22nd 2024, 7:43 am
BE Forum Addict

wellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karolsf
Do you have a VPN? If so, connect the VPN to Portugal, then download the app from the Play Store.
Thnks for suggestion.
Yes I do use a free VPN which has no option for a PT VPN.
However I do have a UK sim in another phone, which registers as a UK IP.
So went back to Playstore and searched for My Vodafone Portugal........simply not there...... loads of other countries, UK/ Ghana/Romania + many more
Never seen anything so crazy
Old Feb 22nd 2024, 8:05 am
Just Joined

jfk13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Re: Vodafone PT

Search for urban-vpn, they have an apparently free service and Portugal servers.

I can't post links yet though or I'd put it here.

Hope it helps.
Old Feb 22nd 2024, 9:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jfk13
Search for urban-vpn, they have an apparently free service and Portugal servers.

I can't post links yet though or I'd put it here.

Hope it helps.
Thnks for the suggestion.(will defo get that anyway), I currently use windscribe which I have found o be very good although limited to 10Gb free per month.
But as I say I have treid to get the playstore app from a phone using the actual Vodafone Portugal sim, and using a UK phone running Smarty Uk.....both results are the same.
`Not available in your country`
Well considering I am in Portugal and its a Vodafone PT app I am trying to install as I said I am at a loss.
It seems to me that Vodafone PT is pretty useless, and the app even when installed is also useless judging by the reviews, so I am not gonna bother with it.
I only want to know my usage which is a 30Gb/mth allowance and will use the phone to monitor that.
I was gonna go for the unlimited data mobile package,,,,,,,,,,,,until the person in the Voda shop told me that (well actually there is a limit of 200gb/mth)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Whats that all about.
But vodafone, for me here, is so much faster than MEO that I will be happy with this for now.
The girl also told me that there is NO roaming allowance for the UK !!
But every thing I read on the website tells me that the EEE and UK are all included with lower allowances
Old Feb 22nd 2024, 10:30 am
Just Joined

Post Re: Vodafone PT

Originally Posted by wellinever
Thnks for the suggestion.(will defo get that anyway), I currently use windscribe which I have found o be very good although limited to 10Gb free per month.
But as I say I have treid to get the playstore app from a phone using the actual Vodafone Portugal sim, and using a UK phone running Smarty Uk.....both results are the same.
`Not available in your country`
Well considering I am in Portugal and its a Vodafone PT app I am trying to install as I said I am at a loss.
I used to work for them years ago, ironically my first tasks there involved fixing roaming issues
Unfortunately I no londer have any contacts there, they've all either retired or moved somewhere else. However you could try their support offerings - they say they offer English customer assistance.

I was gonna go for the unlimited data mobile package,,,,,,,,,,,,until the person in the Voda shop told me that (well actually there is a limit of 200gb/mth)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Whats that all about.
It comes under their (and most network operators' so called "Fair Use" policy, which is basically a way for them to advertise "unlimited" data but not actually have to deliver what you or I would consider "Unlimited" with a capital U

But vodafone, for me here, is so much faster than MEO that I will be happy with this for now.
The girl also told me that there is NO roaming allowance for the UK !!
But every thing I read on the website tells me that the EEE and UK are all included with lower allowances
The network *should* be pretty solid, it's by now a very mature offering in most parts of Europe. Good luck!
Old Feb 23rd 2024, 10:01 am
BE Enthusiast

appman999 is an unknown quantity at this point

The issue is the country your Google account is registered to not your location.

Set up new Google account with Portugal as your country and add this account to your phone.

When you go to Play Store choose this account (click on your picture top right) and you can then download apps that have been restricted to Portugal.

I had this problem with Galp app.
Old Feb 23rd 2024, 10:12 am
BE Enthusiast

I only want to know my usage which is a 30Gb/mth allowance and will use the phone to monitor that.
Whats that all about.
200Gb is quite a lot (I used less than that streaming tv every night) and you don't get cut off but the speed is reduced to 10 Mbps.

Old Feb 23rd 2024, 10:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by appman999
The issue is the country your Google account is registered to not your location.

Set up new Google account with Portugal as your country and add this account to your phone.

When you go to Play Store choose this account (click on your picture top right) and you can then download apps that have been restricted to Portugal.

I had this problem with Galp app.

Ah Ok.....Is it not possible to change the country of an existing google account? As I already have more than one, and one doesnt matter where it is considered to be
Old Feb 23rd 2024, 10:17 am
BE Forum Addict

200Gb is quite a lot (I used less than that streaming tv every night) and you don't get cut off but the speed is reduced to 10 Mbps.
Yes appreciate its more than I am likely to ever use, but its just the glib way I was told...Unlimited does not mean unlimited !! So why say it?
Old Feb 23rd 2024, 10:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Ah Ok.....Is it not possible to change the country of an existing google account? As I already have more than one, and one doesnt matter where it is considered to be
Yes you can. (Edit See you already have other accounts) See https://support.google.com/googlepla...31675?hl=en-GB
Old Feb 23rd 2024, 10:20 am
Just Joined

Exclamation Re: Vodafone PT

Unlimited does not mean unlimited !! So why say it?
It's a marketing ploy, they pretty much all do it.
Old Feb 23rd 2024, 10:22 am
Just Joined

Lightbulb Re: Vodafone PT

It is, but IIRC you can only do it once a year, though that may have changed.

https://support.google.com/googlepla...31675?hl=en-GB
Old Feb 23rd 2024, 10:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Understood, but literally they are correct, they're not limiting the data you can have (but they are throttling your speed )
Old Feb 23rd 2024, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Yes you can. (Edit See you already have other accounts) See https://support.google.com/googlepla...31675?hl=en-GB
Looked there and it needs me to add a payment method. I have never bought anything from Google, and have never added any account details, is this necessary?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.