Via Verde

Old Sep 21st 2023, 2:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

sportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Via Verde

When I bought my car a year or so ago I also got a Via Verde for driving on the toll road. I was told by the very efficient person at the Via Verde office in Faro to download the VV app. The problem with this was that there was more than one app and so I ended up downloading three of them. One has a white logo on a green background and says Via Verde while another has a white background and a dark green logo and says Smartdrive. The third also has a white background with a blue and green logo and says Estacioner. I assume the first one is what I need for parking but I have no idea what the others are for or whether I even need them. In regard to parking, I spoke to the nice man who gives out parking tickets one day and asked him how I use the app for parking. He said something about making sure the app was registering the correct location and then inputting the time I would need to park. So far I've never used it for parking except at the airport where it's sort of automatic when you go in and out. And then in Lagos I was everywhere. At some point I'll probably need it and want to make sure I do it properly and not end up with a ticket for my own stupidity. Does anyone else use it for parking?
Old Sep 21st 2023, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

zoff is just really nicezoff is just really nicezoff is just really nicezoff is just really nicezoff is just really nicezoff is just really nicezoff is just really nicezoff is just really nice
Default Re: Via Verde

Estacioner = parking, and I believe is for street parking. I use the Via Verde transponder for parking at Faro Airport, some parking decks and road tolls.
Old Sep 21st 2023, 6:14 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zoff
Estacioner = parking, and I believe is for street parking. I use the Via Verde transponder for parking at Faro Airport, some parking decks and road tolls.
Likewise, only used it at the airport, on autostrada and bridges..... no apps for me!
Old Sep 22nd 2023, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

GrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond repute

We've had the transponder for many years and never needed an app. For street parking just pay by cash at pay station.
Old Sep 22nd 2023, 10:56 am
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GrahamF
We've had the transponder for many years and never needed an app. For street parking just pay by cash at pay station.
Agree..... ViaVerde is great at what it does best - cashless tolls on motorways,etc. and other tolled areas.

No app is needed for that, it is just an opportunity to extend "sales" into other areas.
Old Sep 22nd 2023, 8:44 pm
riv
BE Enthusiast

riv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry. I'm not following any of this.

I thought Apps were things you downloaded onto phones.

And that the Via Verde gizmo you stick behind the mirror is already programmed to charge you for everything and you get billed monthly to the account you gave them when you signed the forms in the Faro office ?

The man at the desk didn't say anything about needing to do anything in order for it to work for parking.

Why would you need to tell it the times you entered and left the parking area ? It would 'know', wouldn't it ?
Old Sep 23rd 2023, 4:52 am
BE Enthusiast

sportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond repute

To clarify, I was referring to the many car parks that have only a parking pay machine rather than barriers. That’s why you need to put the times into the app. An Uber driver alerted me to this and said if he just needed to pop into a shop to buy a bottle of water or whatever he could put 15 minutes on the app instead of paying for an hour if he put a coin in the machine. Saves money.
Old Sep 23rd 2023, 7:46 am
riv
BE Enthusiast

riv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond repute

The big problem I find with paying cash in a parking machine is that often now you have to key in your numberplate : but that is so difficult to do reading the screen in bright sunlight. Hence the V V gizmo would work fine for me , if indeed it worked.