Wikiposts

Vale Verde

Old Sep 15th 2008, 12:19 am
Just Joined

janef is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Vale Verde

Is there anyone out there who can tell me anything Vale Verde International School i.e any experiences? I have heard good reports thus far, can anyone second that at all please?
Many thanks
Jane
Old Sep 15th 2008, 4:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Supremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud of
Default Re: Vale Verde

Yep, I know someone who just got their GCSE results and she did really well. I believe there is an entrance exam and local people reckon that's why they get good grades there but it must have something to do with the quality of teaching as well. The people I know that have been there have all enjoyed it.

The only thing that I don't like is the fees but I guess you'll get that at any private international school.

G
Old Sep 15th 2008, 4:02 am
eheheheeeeeeeeeer!

gazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by janef
Is there anyone out there who can tell me anything Vale Verde International School i.e any experiences? I have heard good reports thus far, can anyone second that at all please?
Many thanks
Jane
I have a son in yr 10 there, he likes it
Old Sep 15th 2008, 4:03 am
eheheheeeeeeeeeer!

gazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Supremegermalene
Yep, I know someone who just got their GCSE results and she did really well. I believe there is an entrance exam and local people reckon that's why they get good grades there but it must have something to do with the quality of teaching as well. The people I know that have been there have all enjoyed it.

The only thing that I don't like is the fees but I guess you'll get that at any private international school.

G
Against most the fees are quite competitive.
Old Sep 15th 2008, 8:36 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by gazz
I have a son in yr 10 there, he likes it
Ah brilliant. We are plannning a visit to the School in October, so is good to hear some positive reports. Many thanks!!
Old Sep 15th 2008, 8:39 am
Just Joined

G
S, that is good to hear thank you. Think we have to accept that the fees at all International Schools feel expensive; we are pretty spoilt in that respect here in the UK!! I must admit though I am pretty attracted by the enormously reduced class sizes just as a starter!! Thanks for the response; I appreciate it.
Old Sep 15th 2008, 10:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Supremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud of

Against most the fees are quite competitive.
Hmm possibly against other 'middle' schools but the primary costs are nearly €1,700k more a year than Barlavento...
Old Sep 15th 2008, 9:29 pm
eheheheeeeeeeeeer!

Hmm possibly against other 'middle' schools but the primary costs are nearly €1,700k more a year than Barlavento...
True but i have to say that local talk here is not overly positive on "Barlavento", i understand that you are required to pay a minimum "gesture" toward funds for the school, and last year the school had one field trip compared to seven at the local Espiche school?, seems to me that at the moment the feeling is that the school is becoming a little to emphasised on the buisness and money making side more than the schooling?, this has been said by some here who have vested interest in the schools doctrate.
Old Sep 15th 2008, 9:30 pm
eheheheeeeeeeeeer!

Originally Posted by janef
S, that is good to hear thank you. Think we have to accept that the fees at all International Schools feel expensive; we are pretty spoilt in that respect here in the UK!! I must admit though I am pretty attracted by the enormously reduced class sizes just as a starter!! Thanks for the response; I appreciate it.
Never mind the classes, my son has only 18 pupils in his whole year!
Old Sep 16th 2008, 3:25 am
BE Forum Addict

True but i have to say that local talk here is not overly positive on "Barlavento", i understand that you are required to pay a minimum "gesture" toward funds for the school, and last year the school had one field trip compared to seven at the local Espiche school?, seems to me that at the moment the feeling is that the school is becoming a little to emphasised on the buisness and money making side more than the schooling?, this has been said by some here who have vested interest in the schools doctrate.
Ooh not heard about that before, at least my friend hasn't had to pay anything? Her son is in Junior something or other (I get so confused over the classes! Why can't it be like it used to be i.e. yrs 1-3 primary, 1-3 middle and 1-5 secondary!)
Old Sep 16th 2008, 3:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Never mind the classes, my son has only 18 pupils in his whole year!
The local Portuguese school in Almadena only has 18 pupils in the whole school!!
Old Sep 16th 2008, 3:29 am
eheheheeeeeeeeeer!

The local Portuguese school in Almadena only has 18 pupils in the whole school!!
Well at least they all get a part in the xmas play!
Old Sep 16th 2008, 3:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Well at least they all get a part in the xmas play!

In fact they'd probably have to rope in some of the local wildlife to make up the numbers...
Old Sep 16th 2008, 3:34 am
eheheheeeeeeeeeer!

In fact they'd probably have to rope in some of the local wildlife to make up the numbers...
I,ve heard about those kind of "plays"