Reload this Page >

Vaccinations Covid-19 for over 65s

Vaccinations Covid-19 for over 65s

Old May 11th 2021, 7:45 am
Just Joined

ShazD is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Vaccinations Covid-19 for over 65s

Originally Posted by santaanita
Sorry to hear of your accident,seems your not a oldie like myself as playing the competing in the olympics would suggest you could be in your prime,just wondered how you got your jab if you were in the say 40s or50s,tell me to mind my own business if you want ,just wondering as i know people heare in central in there 70s still waiting.
I am shocked by your insensitivity. From memory, Sportpix is 67 and works in the sports industry. How about some empathy? He is by himself in hospital with a broken ankle, no family support or help and you go on about how he managed to get the vaccine. Shameful.
Old May 11th 2021, 7:53 am
BE Enthusiast

santaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ShazD
I am shocked by your insensitivity. From memory, Sportpix is 67 and works in the sports industry. How about some empathy? He is by himself in hospital with a broken ankle, no family support or help and you go on about how he managed to get the vaccine. Shameful.
get over yourself ,i was interested in the difference between different areas of portugal of the handout of jab ,as i said he can tell me to mind my own business,but you cant,pehaps you should read the bit where i said sorry to hear of your accident,but respect to sportpix if at 67 he can play at that level,

Old May 11th 2021, 11:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Rambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sportpix
I think I’m just going to have to wait now. I fell off my bike in the rain yesterday and broke my ankle. I’m now in Portimão hospital and have no idea when I’ll get out but I’m sure the total recovery will be beyond the Olympic golf tournament and so I’m sure I’ll have to scratch. Depressed
Oh dear - what a disaster for you. So that has really upset your plans - did you have a contract to cover/photograph the event, or was it just free-lance. And what about your medical procedure in HK - was that for June or later. I do hope you can salvage something out of this mess. Can your wife come over to visit/help? Get better soon and let us know how you get on.
Cheers
Old May 11th 2021, 5:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

sportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rambling archer
Oh dear - what a disaster for you. So that has really upset your plans - did you have a contract to cover/photograph the event, or was it just free-lance. And what about your medical procedure in HK - was that for June or later. I do hope you can salvage something out of this mess. Can your wife come over to visit/help? Get better soon and let us know how you get on.
Cheers
I have contracts with various international sports agencies to supply them with live images. Hotel and flight already booked but will have to be canceled. Getting back to hk for the first of three medical appointments is probably going to be difficult if I only have one good leg, and whether the hk government reduces the current three week hotel quarantine, which would rely on two jabs plus 14 days
Old May 11th 2021, 5:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

santaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond repute

I have contracts with various international sports agencies to supply them with live images. Hotel and flight already booked but will have to be canceled. Getting back to hk for the first of three medical appointments is probably going to be difficult if I only have one good leg, and whether the hk government reduces the current three week hotel quarantine, which would rely on two jabs plus 14 days
Sorry sportpix if i got the wrong end of the stick,but when you used the term Scratch i thought you were competing hence thought you were a young gun,sorry no malace intended
Old May 11th 2021, 5:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond repute

Nightmare for you! Still, it is early days yet since the accident so wait and see how your ankle progresses and we will hope for a good healing process. Best wishes for your recovery.
Hope you can get that Iphone charged so you can keep let us know how you get on.
Old May 12th 2021, 11:20 am
BE Enthusiast

sportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond repute

Nightmare for you! Still, it is early days yet since the accident so wait and see how your ankle progresses and we will hope for a good healing process. Best wishes for your recovery.
Hope you can get that Iphone charged so you can keep let us know how you get on.
Thanks to the amazing generosity and helpfulness of a BE member I now have a charging cable, clothes and other bits and bobs to make my totally boring stay in this hospital slightly more bearable. Things like this restores my otherwise shaken faith in humanity.
Old May 12th 2021, 11:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks to the amazing generosity and helpfulness of a BE member I now have a charging cable, clothes and other bits and bobs to make my totally boring stay in this hospital slightly more bearable. Things like this restores my otherwise shaken faith in humanity.
Lets hope you are soon out of there and back on the vinho !
Old May 12th 2021, 2:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lets hope you are soon out of there and back on the vinho !
Has anyone had any experience in changing from public to private hospitals? I just called a hospital in Lagos and told them absolutely nothing is happening here and they said they could arrange to see an ortho tomorrow. The best I’ve had here is maybe next week. Every question I ask is answered with no, even changing to the now empty electronic bed next to me. Has anyone undergone a broken ankle operation and if so what was the cost? I’m ready to buy my way out of here.
Old May 12th 2021, 4:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

ouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to read about your accident.

I broke my ankle several years ago and had to wait for the swelling to go down for a few days, before they would operate. This was in the general Faro Hospital. Sorry, can't help with costs for private.

Hope it's all resolved soon for you.
Old May 12th 2021, 5:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

Call HPA, 707 282 828

They have a hospital nearby at Alvor; they can tell you what needs to happen, and their charges too.

I'd go for it if I were you; orthopedics at the public hospital in Portimao are notorious for not happening. People wait and wait.

Old May 13th 2021, 7:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Sunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really nice

I changed from Portimao Orthopedics to HPA Alvor in March 2018. HPA sent an ambulance who collected me from my bed and I "checked out". Mine was for Hip Revision so I can't tell you price. You have to pay in advance. My husband handled it all by money transfer. You will have to call to get price, arrange transport, payment, etc.

Old May 13th 2021, 7:38 am
BE Enthusiast

bons is an unknown quantity at this point

I think I’m just going to have to wait now. I fell off my bike in the rain yesterday and broke my ankle. I’m now in Portimão hospital and have no idea when I’ll get out but I’m sure the total recovery will be beyond the Olympic golf tournament and so I’m sure I’ll have to scratch. Depressed
So sorry to hear that sportpix, it's bad on every level for your plans and your lifestyle. I hope you make a speedy recovery and everything works out well for you.

Last edited by Rosemary; May 13th 2021 at 8:16 am. Reason: corrected quote
Old May 15th 2021, 8:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Campanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really nice

I am trying to reply to the text message tried 5 versions of reply all say not delivered .Can anyone help?
Sorry to hear of your accident sportpix .I hope you are getting the best treatment now
Old May 15th 2021, 10:35 am
BE Enthusiast

dingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Campanula
I am trying to reply to the text message tried 5 versions of reply all say not delivered .Can anyone help?
Sorry to hear of your accident sportpix .I hope you are getting the best treatment now
Did you follow the procedure?

Ie

SNS. YOUR UTENTE NUMBER. SIM

no spaces two full stops and caps lock

Hth
Eta, do you have credit on your phone and are able to send texts?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.