Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Vaccinations Covid-19 for over 65s

Vaccinations Covid-19 for over 65s

Old May 7th 2021, 6:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vaccinations Covid-19 for over 65s

And again, login doesn't work.
Old May 7th 2021, 7:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

sportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wellinever View Post
Just had second jab in Silves.
in the large hall set up for the job.
12 tents inside, but only 10 people waiting the 30 mins after and 6 waiting to be jabbed.
Place is just about empty, mainly second jabs.
I’m depressed. I called the number on the vac card to try to change my second date but was told to go to the local clinic to sort it out. Went there and got the usual answer to all requests - NO! It must be three months. I then called the central medical number when I got home and pleaded with the lady to change my second date. She told me to go back to the vacation location and to ask them to change the date. Checking online I saw that the WHO site says 8-12 weeks for the second jab. Why are the PT people being so difficult? I need to return home for medical procedures so I need my second jab at the end of June. This is so pathetic I want to ...
Old May 8th 2021, 6:59 am
BE Forum Addict

wellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond repute

My second jab yesterday was exactly 4 weeks from the first jab (Pfizer)
Old May 8th 2021, 10:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Rambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sportpix View Post
I’m depressed. I called the number on the vac card to try to change my second date but was told to go to the local clinic to sort it out. Went there and got the usual answer to all requests - NO! It must be three months. I then called the central medical number when I got home and pleaded with the lady to change my second date. She told me to go back to the vacation location and to ask them to change the date. Checking online I saw that the WHO site says 8-12 weeks for the second jab. Why are the PT people being so difficult? I need to return home for medical procedures so I need my second jab at the end of June. This is so pathetic I want to ...
Is your Centro do Saude functioning? How about you go to see a doctor there and tell that person about your medical procedures and your need of the second vacc before end June - the doctor should have enough leverage to get an appointment for the vacc as needed in view of the Medical aspect of the problem. It may even be advisable to ask more from the medical point of view rather than the need to travel. Personally I do not see any reason for insisting on the MAXIMUM recommended period of 3 months between the vaccs rather than WITHIN 12 weeks/3 months which is what is advised.

PS We had our J&J vacc Thursday lunchtime, as you know, and so far have had NO side effects.
Old May 10th 2021, 2:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Campanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really nice

And now for the over sixties . Can access the page and input the information but it says if you have been vaccinated not to apply. Does anyone have any experience of this ? Had one astral Seneca jab in UK. Will ask when we pass by vaccination centre
Old May 10th 2021, 4:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

Today I still couldn't log in using chrome, but succeeded using microsoft edge.

Resubmitted the request and now await response. again.

Campanula; just enter that you aren't yet vaccinated, as you aren't yet vaccinated in Portugal and therefore you're not in their system.
Old May 10th 2021, 5:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Campanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really nice

Thanks, I'm trying its an awful website. I think I have to wait 72hrs and try again if I don't receive text
Old May 10th 2021, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

Old Biker is just really niceOld Biker is just really niceOld Biker is just really niceOld Biker is just really niceOld Biker is just really niceOld Biker is just really niceOld Biker is just really niceOld Biker is just really niceOld Biker is just really niceOld Biker is just really niceOld Biker is just really nice

Just wondered if anyone had any success with the option on the Saude website for people who have not yet obtained their Residencia due to delay's at SEF and hence not having a Utente number. The web site asks for your mobile number, passport number and address and then tells you that the info has been successfully sent. Have tried this several time's but no response yet and being over 70 would rather like to receive the jab.
Any other suggestions appreciated.
Old Biker.
Old May 10th 2021, 7:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

sportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wellinever View Post
My second jab yesterday was exactly 4 weeks from the first jab (Pfizer)
I think I’m just going to have to wait now. I fell off my bike in the rain yesterday and broke my ankle. I’m now in Portimão hospital and have no idea when I’ll get out but I’m sure the total recovery will be beyond the Olympic golf tournament and so I’m sure I’ll have to scratch. Depressed
Old May 10th 2021, 7:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

wellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rambling archer View Post
Is your Centro do Saude functioning? How about you go to see a doctor there and tell that person about your medical procedures and your need of the second vacc before end June - the doctor should have enough leverage to get an appointment for the vacc as needed in view of the Medical aspect of the problem. It may even be advisable to ask more from the medical point of view rather than the need to travel. Personally I do not see any reason for insisting on the MAXIMUM recommended period of 3 months between the vaccs rather than WITHIN 12 weeks/3 months which is what is advised.

PS We had our J&J vacc Thursday lunchtime, as you know, and so far have had NO side effects.
exactly so........your sns GP can go online immediately and put you in the list, if you have condition that makes you vulnerable he can move the Phase you would be vaccinated in.
But you must make sure that your local Centro de Saude has the correct contact info for you......phone number........if not you will never get a call.
Old May 10th 2021, 7:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

No side effects atg all with first Pfizer jab a month ago, had second on Friday evening and no effects until Saturday evening when started to get odd headaches, nowt else, until today Monday, when again oddly started to feel the injection site, but nothing painful and now gone, 7.30pm
Old May 10th 2021, 9:08 pm
Just Joined

ShazD is an unknown quantity at this point

I think I’m just going to have to wait now. I fell off my bike in the rain yesterday and broke my ankle. I’m now in Portimão hospital and have no idea when I’ll get out but I’m sure the total recovery will be beyond the Olympic golf tournament and so I’m sure I’ll have to scratch. Depressed
So sorry to hear this Sportpix. Is there anything you need? Happy to be of any help.
Old May 11th 2021, 6:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ShazD View Post
So sorry to hear this Sportpix. Is there anything you need? Happy to be of any help.
Thank you. I am pretty desperate for something to read - a couple of old paperbacks and an Apple iphone charging cable. There is nothing here and each day is like a week. I’m in the orthopedic ward in bed 26. Thanks again. Richard
Old May 11th 2021, 7:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Maybe you can get your second jab while in Hospital??
Old May 11th 2021, 8:11 am
BE Enthusiast

santaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear of your accident,seems your not a oldie like myself as playing the competing in the olympics would suggest you could be in your prime,just wondered how you got your jab if you were in the say 40s or50s,tell me to mind my own business if you want ,just wondering as i know people heare in central in there 70s still waiting.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.