Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

urgent help required with address change on government website

urgent help required with address change on government website

Old Dec 9th 2019, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

AlgarveAndy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default urgent help required with address change on government website

Hi I need to change my Fiscal address urgently on the AT government website can anyone help me find the correct page to do this ? . I am already a resident and want to change my fiscal address from my UK address to my Portugal residency address. I have found the page for 'EU' citizens to change their address but this page needs your country and does not have Portugal as an option . I need to do this urgently as I am unable to register for NHR with my Fiscal address set to my UK address.

Many thanks
Old Dec 9th 2019, 11:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Diddion has a reputation beyond reputeDiddion has a reputation beyond reputeDiddion has a reputation beyond reputeDiddion has a reputation beyond reputeDiddion has a reputation beyond reputeDiddion has a reputation beyond reputeDiddion has a reputation beyond reputeDiddion has a reputation beyond reputeDiddion has a reputation beyond reputeDiddion has a reputation beyond reputeDiddion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: urgent help required with address change on government website

Hi Andy,

I would try the UK address - since this is the address registered with finanças.
Old Dec 9th 2019, 11:47 am
BE Forum Addict

RichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AlgarveAndy
... want to change my fiscal address from my UK address to my Portugal residency address.[...] I need to do this urgently as I am unable to register for NHR with my Fiscal address set to my UK address.

Many thanks
Because the change of address also effectively involves a change of tax residency, I think you will have to do this in person at a Finanças office. You'll need your residency papers and probably evidence of your address (utilities, bank statements etc).
Old Dec 9th 2019, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by RichardHenshall
Because the change of address also effectively involves a change of tax residency, I think you will have to do this in person at a Finanças office. You'll need your residency papers and probably evidence of your address (utilities, bank statements etc).
There are notes on the website that states this can be done online. The system will then send a confirmation code to your new address and once you log in and enter the confirmation your address will be at the new one going forward. The thing I want is the navigation to get to the correct page to update.
Old Dec 9th 2019, 2:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

RichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond repute

If you are registered as EU-resident (ie not Portuguese resident), then you can change to another EU (non-Portuguese) address at https://www.portaldasfinancas.gov.pt...esForm1.action and when you've changed it you can then verify the new address as you describe.

Perhaps someone who is already registered resident can confirm what they can do if they follow the link above?

I don't think you can change from non-resident to resident online (and possibly vice versa).
Old Dec 9th 2019, 2:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

dingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond repute

You can change your address on the link you provided

Hth

Pt resident
Old Dec 9th 2019, 3:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Like AlgarveAndy, I can only change to another non-Portuguese EU address at that link as we are both recorded non-resident by Finanças.
Old Dec 9th 2019, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

qianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond repute

I think you need to do it in person or by power of attorney.
Old Dec 10th 2019, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

All just to update you, I have posted a question via the e Balcao service on the AT Site and they have responded asking for proof of my Residentia address for the change. I have sent a JPEG of my official Residencia Certificate so we will see if they carry out the change for me (finger crossed)
Old Dec 14th 2019, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

I have recieved a reply to my ebalcao question and submission of Residency certificate ....A Autoridade Tributária e Aduaneira (AT) agradece o seu contacto.
"fiscal address" is not competence of DSRI.
Please, submit another request to the competent service of AT"

Does anyone know what service of AT 'fiscal address' would come under ?.

cheers
Old Dec 14th 2019, 9:14 am
BE Forum Addict

... Does anyone know what service of AT 'fiscal address' would come under ?. ...
I realise that you may want to do this remotely (I always choose the online option if available) but is there some reason why you are unable to visit in person?

You could try Direção de Serviços de Comunicação, Promoção e Apoio ao Cumprimento (DSCPAC) as its title seems relevant? [email protected]
Old Dec 19th 2019, 10:28 am
BE Enthusiast

AliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond repute

I need to do this urgently as I am unable to register for NHR with my Fiscal address set to my UK address.

Many thanks
Why the urgency? As I understand it the deadline for NHR is the March after you become resident.