Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Update - as promised- on Ryanair new requirement to fly

Update - as promised- on Ryanair new requirement to fly

Old Nov 26th 2021, 4:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

fergus is on a distinguished road
Default Update - as promised- on Ryanair new requirement to fly

Okay, so when I checked in, on-line, this week, for flight to Faro I had the message below from Ryanair.

Then I used on line chat to query this new requirement and eventually, and a long eventually, the operator posted 'just go to gate'. I also looked at ryanair web site and they have contradictory information, see my first thread on this.
The update as promised is.
I went to the airport and as I had some time I wandered up to the Ryanair check in (never been there before) and luckily there was a roving assistance walking the line. She came over and said, 'you have no bags to check in so you can go straight to the gate'. When I got to the gate all was as usual (well for these covid times) and only boarding card (on phone) and passport checked. The phone boarding pass did confirm that I had uploaded covid documents. I also had hard copy just in case.
At Faro, only the passport was checked.
Old Nov 27th 2021, 7:15 am
riv
BE Enthusiast

riv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Update - as promised- on Ryanair new requirement to fly

You didn't have to take ( and get certificated for ) a lateral flow test 24 ( ? 48 ) hours prior to flight take off ?

I thought the Portuguese Government had re introduced that requirement because of rising case numbers ?
Old Nov 27th 2021, 7:40 am
BE Enthusiast

fergus is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Update - as promised- on Ryanair new requirement to fly

Good question. That only becomes effective from 1st December.
See https://www.visitportugal.com/en/con...ented-portugal