British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Portugal (https://britishexpats.com/forum/portugal-89/)
-   -   UK TV in Portugal (https://britishexpats.com/forum/portugal-89/uk-tv-portugal-895745/)

mfesharne Apr 21st 2017 11:20 am

UK TV in Portugal

What you can/can't do in this regard has occasionally sparked interesting debate here & elsewhere & I'd be the first to say it's a complicated & confusing subject so this might be of interest to some.

Oh & perhaps I should add that I have no commercial interest in the site, company or subject. ;)

How to watch English TV in Portugal | FelizTech

carvoeiro Apr 21st 2017 11:57 am

Re: UK TV in Portugal

interesting - i use most of the sites described already but its nice to add a couple of newbies

macliam Apr 21st 2017 12:04 pm

Thanks - always useful to check out new things....

mfesharne Apr 21st 2017 12:11 pm

The site posts new articles pretty much every day & (to me at least) they're always interesting.

Kanada Apr 21st 2017 9:53 pm

I have been using IPTV for months and the HD pictures are first class, paying no where like the price mentioned

EMR Apr 29th 2017 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by Kanada (Post 12235235)
I have been using IPTV for months and the HD pictures are first class, paying no where like the price mentioned

Is the the end of IPTV in site.
Kodi boxes have now been declared illegal. ( UK press )
The fight to defend copywrite by the broadcasters has taken another step Fwd.

Kanada Apr 29th 2017 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12241134)
Is the the end of IPTV in site.
Kodi boxes have now been declared illegal. ( UK press )
The fight to defend copywrite by the broadcasters has taken another step Fwd.

Only if sold "fully loaded" otherwise legal to own and use. Streamed content is exempt from copywrite laws still. Those that own the servers that the content originates from certainly face the wrath of the law but not the consumers who watch it.

I don't use Kodi, I use Amazon firestick and downloaded an app.

EMR Apr 29th 2017 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by Kanada (Post 12241155)
Only if sold "fully loaded" otherwise legal to own and use. Streamed content is exempt from copywrite laws still. Those that own the servers that the content originates from certainly face the wrath of the law but not the consumers who watch it.

I don't use Kodi, I use Amazon firestick and downloaded an app.

I understand that Amazon too have stopped sellng any pre loaded devices.

RichardHenshall Apr 30th 2017 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12241227)
I understand that Amazon too have stopped sellng any pre loaded devices.

I think Amazon are stopping other people selling 'fully loaded' devices through Amazon. The Fire TV devices will still have their own software loaded - they'd be useless without it.

mfesharne Apr 30th 2017 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by RichardHenshall (Post 12241477)
I think Amazon are stopping other people selling 'fully loaded' devices through Amazon. The Fire TV devices will still have their own software loaded - they'd be useless without it.

I think you'll find Amazon have told their sellers to rephrase their ads so they don't mention 'kodi boxes' etc & my guess is that a year from now you'll still be able to buy the same spade but it'll be called an earth inverting horticultural implement. ;)

Time will tell.

Knoxy_UK Apr 30th 2017 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by mfesharne (Post 12241486)
I think you'll find Amazon have told their sellers to rephrase their ads so they don't mention 'kodi boxes' etc & my guess is that a year from now you'll still be able to buy the same spade but it'll be called an earth inverting horticultural implement. ;)

Time will tell.

:egyptian: :goodpost: :egyptian: