Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

UK State Pension annual increases

UK State Pension annual increases

Old Jul 22nd 2020, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

ricko is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK State Pension annual increases

I read that to qualify for the annual increases, you would need to be resident in PT by December 2020.
I have also heard that to qualify you need to be in receipt of your pension by December 2020.
Have I mis-read/mis-heard this information - does anyone know if either or both of these correct?

Old Jul 22nd 2020, 7:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

RichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK State Pension annual increases

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/benefits...or-switzerland indicates that the Withdrawal Agreement secures the rights of those resident by 31 December 2020, whether or not they have yet claimed their pensions.
Old Jul 25th 2020, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

ricko is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK State Pension annual increases

Thanks - this is a good source of information for Brexit related issues.
To re-iterate what you said:
you DO need to be resident before 2021, but do NOT need to be in
receipt of the pension by then
- good news for early retirees.