UK Quarantine starting 15 FEB

Old Feb 14th 2021, 7:27 am
BE Enthusiast

bons is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK Quarantine starting 15 FEB

We are on the list!!!
Old Feb 14th 2021, 8:34 am
BE Forum Addict

wellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bons
We are on the list!!!
are u surprised?
Old Feb 14th 2021, 8:44 am
BE Enthusiast

bons is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wellinever
are u surprised?
No, but Red Eric said he was surprised the the UK hadn't put itself on the list, I was responding to his post.
Old Feb 14th 2021, 11:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Red Eric
I'm surprised the UK hasn't put itself on the list - I can't work out the differences (assuming there are any) between Covid-19, the English Variant, The Bristol Variant and the Kent Variant, all of which I've seen or heard reference to recently.
Everyone arriving in the UK has to isolate,I do not believe anyone arrives in the UK traveling from the UK. However travel within the UK is severely limited
People from some listed countries will from tomorrow be required to isolate in designated hotels with guards, people from other countries will still be required to isolate.
However if you check arrivals at Gatwick today there are only 17 flights listed all at the North Terminal the South Terminal is closed.
I arrived at Gatwick from a country not on the list last Friday and must isolate for ten days although I can be tested after five days at a cost and if clear may then proceed to follow :-
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/national...ional-lockdown

I am not 100% clear as to what happens if I test positive but believe my ten days start afresh.

Going through Gatwick / UK immigration / passport control on Friday there were only passengers from the flight I was on, no one else

Old Feb 14th 2021, 12:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OrangeMango
What surprises me is that the United States are not on that list. After all the US has very high rates as well and also well known cases of variants.
Isn't that because the USA has banned traffic to and from UK, long since, so it is in effect already done.
Old Feb 14th 2021, 12:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

RichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
... I do not believe anyone arrives in the UK traveling from the UK. ...
Travellers from Great Britain (UK) into Northern Ireland (also UK) are expected to quarantine/self-isolate for 10 days.

https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles...vel-area#toc-1
Old Feb 14th 2021, 3:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RichardHenshall
Travellers from Great Britain (UK) into Northern Ireland (also UK) are expected to quarantine/self-isolate for 10 days.

https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles...vel-area#toc-1
You must not leave, or be outside of your home except where necessary. You may leave the home to:
  • shop for basic necessities, for you or a vulnerable person
  • go to work, or provide voluntary or charitable services, if you cannot reasonably do so from home
  • exercise with your household (or support bubble) or one other person (in which case you should stay 2m apart). Exercise should be limited to once per day, and you should not travel outside your local area.
  • meet your support bubble or childcare bubble where necessary, but only if you are legally permitted to form one
  • seek medical assistance or avoid injury, illness or risk of harm (including domestic abuse)
  • attend education or childcare - for those eligible
Traveling to NI is not included in the list of exceptions
Old Feb 14th 2021, 3:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

RichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond repute

... Traveling to NI is not included in the list of exceptions
I suspect that you may find that, if you live in Northern Ireland, travelling home to Northern Ireland may well be on a list of allowable reasons to travel. However my points were that (a) it is possible to travel from the UK to the UK and (b) be required to quarantine as a result of so doing.
Old Feb 14th 2021, 4:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond repute

You must not leave, or be outside of your home except where necessary. You may leave the home to:
  • shop for basic necessities, for you or a vulnerable person
  • go to work, or provide voluntary or charitable services, if you cannot reasonably do so from home
  • exercise with your household (or support bubble) or one other person (in which case you should stay 2m apart). Exercise should be limited to once per day, and you should not travel outside your local area.
  • meet your support bubble or childcare bubble where necessary, but only if you are legally permitted to form one
  • seek medical assistance or avoid injury, illness or risk of harm (including domestic abuse)
  • attend education or childcare - for those eligible
Traveling to NI is not included in the list of exceptions
In earlier UK Covid rules for self-isolation such as:

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...avel-to-the-uk

there was reference to a HOME being also, for example, a hotel where it functions as your home while you are between properties etc. In the interpretation section for your previous post #19 under

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/national...ional-lockdown

regarding THE LAW, it fails to mention the word HOME - that is in the LAW where if you don't abide by it you are threatened with PRISON. Cheers to that!

We are holding off from returning to the UK until we are close enough to see whether we can indeed almost directly connect on to our flight to Portugal if indeed Portugal has opened-up BUT I am most certainly hoping that in principle, a hotel does indeed qualify as an interim home so that we can at least consider getting to the UK for starters.

To enhance that principle, we would NOT actually have any other home on the planet apart from that hotel, so we are not technically on vacation when there. Ultimately of course we would have to check with the specific hotel as to whether they can actually accommodate us on a quarantine basis.

When BA flights from Grenada are expected to resume late next month they will operate into Gatwick. There are no BA flights to Faro from Gatwick until late May (only LHR) so crossing the border and re-checking on Easyjet is the only option unless one hightails it across to LHR. The only other alternative is to fly in Barbados from here and then join the BA flight to Heathrow in good time for the BA Faro departure. We are kind of bound to BA due to numerous vouchers for cancelled flights.

Do the new harsher quarantine rules somehow preclude a normal transfer between airports or even a connection where it is necessary to actually enter the UK - I have seen the older rules which are hard to decipher. After all, the endlessly changing rules have already ground air traffic down to next to zero as you have indicated, so nothing would surprise me.

We are currently in a country with ZERO active cases BTW, though St Lucia is en-route which could contaminate things by our departure from here.

Any thoughts on the details? Thx

Last edited by Pistolpete2; Feb 14th 2021 at 4:58 pm.
Old Feb 15th 2021, 8:41 am
BE Enthusiast

toots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rambling archer
And arrival by ferry to the UK has been stopped ... so I read today.
Could you advise where you have seen this? As far as I can see ferries are running as usual to their covid schedules.(Brittany Ferries). Possibly fake news I hope?
Old Feb 15th 2021, 10:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Rambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by toots sweet
Could you advise where you have seen this? As far as I can see ferries are running as usual to their covid schedules.(Brittany Ferries). Possibly fake news I hope?
Hello Toots - I think you are right in that it must have been a fake news or panicking reporting ... have just done some Googling and it looks like there are severe restrictions on travelling out of France to UK and probably vice versa but that a reduced demand has given reduced ferry services, but still running.
Old Feb 15th 2021, 2:25 pm
Forum Regular

borisface is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rambling archer
Hello Toots - I think you are right in that it must have been a fake news or panicking reporting ... have just done some Googling and it looks like there are severe restrictions on travelling out of France to UK and probably vice versa but that a reduced demand has given reduced ferry services, but still running.
​​​​​Interesting that all the quarantine hotels are close to airports. If I were to go back to the UK on the ferry am I supposed to drive to an airport hotel to begin my quarantine? And what would happen if one were to test positive during your stay? Do you have to extend your stay? You could in theory be stuck in your hotel room for weeks or months. I'm not planning to go back to the UK, probably ever!

Last edited by borisface; Feb 15th 2021 at 3:59 pm.
Old Feb 15th 2021, 4:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

toots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I have been thinking the same thing and have put this question to the embassy in Lisbon. At some point we will need to get to the UK. No way will I fly and leave the car here, as as we are nearing 70. It is our main form of transport, and who knows if we then get stuck in the UK. It is farcical,tunnel vision.
Old Feb 15th 2021, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

borisface is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by toots sweet
Yes I have been thinking the same thing and have put this question to the embassy in Lisbon. At some point we will need to get to the UK. No way will I fly and leave the car here, as as we are nearing 70. It is our main form of transport, and who knows if we then get stuck in the UK. It is farcical,tunnel vision.
Actually I don't think they've thought about the tunnel! LOL. The worrying thing is it's not clear as to how a country once on the red list gets off it again. My feeling is that the policy will be gently dropped in the coming months but it won't be yet as the blond clown won't want to lose face. The policy was announced the same day UK hit 100k deaths so it was just a shameful distraction tactic. It should have been introduced months ago if they were serious. The way things are going PT new cases will be below those of the UK on a consistent basis soon anyway.
Old Feb 15th 2021, 6:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

Active cases in Portugal have declined 40% in the last 2 weeks.
Newly detected infections are down to 1,300 today, from a high of 16,000 Jan 28th.
Hospitalized patients down to 4,832 from nearly 7,000 2 weeks ago.

So things are looking better at the moment.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.