Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

UK Pound v's Euro

UK Pound v's Euro

Old Oct 19th 2009, 7:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Supremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud of
Default Re: UK Pound v's Euro

Way over my head I'm afraid, though I have recently read a thriller to do with the trading of stamps so I get that bit! See there is a point to reading drivel LOL

I'm willing to wait as long as it takes if I can get to build my house, which I can only do if the pound gets stronger so I can afford a plot of land.

G
Old Oct 28th 2009, 6:01 pm
Just Joined

john999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Pound will never go up for what it was, we would be very lucky if one day makes the 1.20 mark again. I believe that before that happen England will join the Euro
Old Oct 28th 2009, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

enterprise1999 is an unknown quantity at this point

At the moment the country and large institutions are trading on the Pound Euro ETC ... I myself bought and sold Euros while looking to by a place in Italy..... So the B.O.E publishes figures people buy the media release articals and people sell and vice versa...... People like it that way as with large sums, only small changes can make money........ So as a country that doesnt make or sell much any more all we have left is Sterling. When thats gone we'll all be speaking Polish.
Old Oct 28th 2009, 9:31 pm
Just Joined

john999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Not long to go until we see a Muslim as PM
Old Oct 28th 2009, 10:50 pm
Forum Regular

PubChampion has much to be proud ofPubChampion has much to be proud ofPubChampion has much to be proud ofPubChampion has much to be proud ofPubChampion has much to be proud ofPubChampion has much to be proud ofPubChampion has much to be proud ofPubChampion has much to be proud ofPubChampion has much to be proud ofPubChampion has much to be proud ofPubChampion has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by john999
we would be very lucky if one day makes the 1.20 mark again.
It's only a matter of time before it does.
Old Oct 29th 2009, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

deecee is just really nicedeecee is just really nicedeecee is just really nicedeecee is just really nicedeecee is just really nicedeecee is just really nicedeecee is just really nicedeecee is just really nice
Angry Re: UK Pound v's Euro

Can any of you guys advise on how to get the best exchange rate from £ to Euros, the banks seem to be on a nice little earner with this issue, every month they take a slice of my pension for what is nothing more than an electronic transaction. I doubt if anyone even has to press a button to do it.
DeeCee
Old Oct 29th 2009, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

Jon_D is just really niceJon_D is just really niceJon_D is just really niceJon_D is just really niceJon_D is just really niceJon_D is just really niceJon_D is just really niceJon_D is just really niceJon_D is just really niceJon_D is just really nice

I use HIFX for money transactions. Much better than any UK bank.

http://www.hifx.co.uk/
Old Oct 29th 2009, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

PubChampion has much to be proud ofPubChampion has much to be proud ofPubChampion has much to be proud ofPubChampion has much to be proud ofPubChampion has much to be proud ofPubChampion has much to be proud ofPubChampion has much to be proud ofPubChampion has much to be proud ofPubChampion has much to be proud ofPubChampion has much to be proud ofPubChampion has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by deecee
how to get the best exchange rate from £ to Euros
Using Nationwide card (not credit) to draw cash doesn't incur any commission, explicit or hidden. It's a unique deal unmatched by anyone else AFAIK.
Old Oct 29th 2009, 2:51 pm
Banned

Benny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to all

Originally Posted by john999
Not long to go until we see a Muslim as PM

So what's wrong with having a Muslim as PM? I'd vote for Micky Mouse if it meant getting rid of the prat that is currently PM.
Old Oct 29th 2009, 4:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Joao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by deecee
Can any of you guys advise on how to get the best exchange rate from £ to Euros, the banks seem to be on a nice little earner with this issue, every month they take a slice of my pension for what is nothing more than an electronic transaction. I doubt if anyone even has to press a button to do it.
DeeCee
There are quite a number of exchange companies that will give you a better rate than the bank. You just have to see which one you feel more comfortable with and get the bank to do a local transfer (still might cost you though) as banks always want their pound of flesh!
Joao
Old Oct 29th 2009, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

masterbaits is a name known to allmasterbaits is a name known to allmasterbaits is a name known to allmasterbaits is a name known to allmasterbaits is a name known to allmasterbaits is a name known to allmasterbaits is a name known to allmasterbaits is a name known to allmasterbaits is a name known to allmasterbaits is a name known to allmasterbaits is a name known to all

I had a good look at some historical charts for quid euro , the problem as far as my limited knowledge goes , is the quid is in low worth yet the euro hasnt tanked as much with the financial crisis.

Spain and the eastern units havent dragged it down as much as it should have , now the eu is homing in on telling the uk to split the bailed out banks , to put it simply will mean even more pressure on sterling.Hope brown tells them to **** off seeing as the uk isnt in the euro , if not those with euro-pound based incomes are royally f3cked.
Old Dec 7th 2009, 1:37 pm
Just Joined

happy gilmore is an unknown quantity at this point

changing funds currencymatters.co.uk are very good