Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

UK Pound v's Euro

UK Pound v's Euro

Old Jan 11th 2009, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

encodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant future
Default Re: UK Pound v's Euro

Originally Posted by bejaboz
Be interesting to see the effect when the ECB decides their rate.
Only untill Thursday to wait. I think they need at least a 1% rate drop!
Old Jan 11th 2009, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

PubChampion has much to be proud ofPubChampion has much to be proud ofPubChampion has much to be proud ofPubChampion has much to be proud ofPubChampion has much to be proud ofPubChampion has much to be proud ofPubChampion has much to be proud ofPubChampion has much to be proud ofPubChampion has much to be proud ofPubChampion has much to be proud ofPubChampion has much to be proud of

I think they need a 2.5% cut. Instead, they'll go for 0.5%.

That's one good reason for the UK to keep the pound.
Old Jan 11th 2009, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

encodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant futureencodeme has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by PubChampion
I think they need a 2.5% cut. Instead, they'll go for 0.5%.

That's one good reason for the UK to keep the pound.
The other good reason to keep the pound is so that we remain independant and not just a part of a large wobbly financial mass. At least then...when we cockup its our cockup and not shared
Old Jan 13th 2009, 10:11 am
BE Enthusiast

anna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud of

Pound dropping again today, we need some good news.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by anna58
Pound dropping again today, we need some good news.
And now its creeping back up.....fingers crossed for tomorrow..
Old Jan 15th 2009, 8:04 am
BE Enthusiast

bejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nice

Very volatile at present.

Likely to be so for quite a while I guess.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 2:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Joao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud of

The euro rate has gone down 0.5%
Joao
Old Jan 15th 2009, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Joao
The euro rate has gone down 0.5%
Joao
And the pound is up about 0.75%...hope it keeps pushing that way.
Old Jan 30th 2009, 3:17 pm
Keep smiling

Helpful-Bob will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by encodeme
And the pound is up about 0.75%...hope it keeps pushing that way.
Pound nicely pushing against the Euro.Now at 1.125....hope it holds
Old Apr 15th 2009, 10:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Supremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud of

Hmm don't wish to put a jinx on things but the pound has been very steady for a couple of weeks and now the rate is creeping up, not much but slowly so this should surely be positive...keeping everything crossed it goes up to over 1.2!!!

G
Old Apr 15th 2009, 10:39 am
C'est la vie

TaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Supremegermalene
Hmm don't wish to put a jinx on things but the pound has been very steady for a couple of weeks and now the rate is creeping up, not much but slowly so this should surely be positive...keeping everything crossed it goes up to over 1.2!!!

G
Hear, hear. Didn't want to say anything before for fear of putting a jinx on it. I looked on the Currencies Direct site and checked the trend and it has been rising steadily since mid-March. Fingers crossed.
Old Apr 15th 2009, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

masterbaits is a name known to allmasterbaits is a name known to allmasterbaits is a name known to allmasterbaits is a name known to allmasterbaits is a name known to allmasterbaits is a name known to allmasterbaits is a name known to allmasterbaits is a name known to allmasterbaits is a name known to allmasterbaits is a name known to allmasterbaits is a name known to all

its the market realisation that europe is suffering , eastern europe with imf , eire , spains unemployment etc.

I might want to convert 100k sterling from uk savings and stick it in a high interest account if it gets there....anyone know what is a good interest rate just now?
Old Apr 15th 2009, 11:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Supremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud of

Yes me too, if it's a good rate better for it to be there than here (UK)

Wow if you look over the past year on the chart, it could only take 3 months or so to get back up to 1.28 (if it follows a nice symmetrical pattern! LOL) here's me dreaming of my plot of land, blimey if it went up that much I could afford to buy it and start building...

G

Last edited by Supremegermalene; Apr 15th 2009 at 11:41 am.
Old May 13th 2009, 12:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Supremegermalene

G
Well I did jinx it!!

Had a look at some long term forecasts though, and if these people are close then by September when we move it should go over 1.2 again. Here's hoping!

If only I'd moved in Feb 2007 like my mate did, she got 1.47 to the £
Old Jun 1st 2009, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

Rate currently at 1.16...can I finally smell 1.20 coming

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.