Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

UK electrical devices

UK electrical devices

Old Feb 4th 2007, 9:57 am
Just Joined

contrada is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK electrical devices

Is it possible to use UK electrical devices in Portugal simply by attaching an International adaptor? I am thinking about TVs, CD Players, Microwaves etc? Or is it better to divest myself of them in UK and buy in Portugal

Thanks
Old Feb 4th 2007, 11:07 am

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK electrical devices

Originally Posted by contrada
Is it possible to use UK electrical devices in Portugal simply by attaching an International adaptor? I am thinking about TVs, CD Players, Microwaves etc? Or is it better to divest myself of them in UK and buy in Portugal

Thanks
Everything seems to work ok for us,but I know people have had probs with Tvs.
I would bring ALL small appliances,kettle toasters,steamers,slow cookers.iron etc,they are very expensive here,and you cannot buy slow cookers or steamers as far as I know!
Double toasters are also nearly impossible to find.
I have just bought another kettle,they dont seem to last long! and that was 45 euros!!!!!!!!!! alot of money for a kettle compared to Uk.
We also brought our lamps,visitors bring us spare bulbs from Uk,they work fine,and again,lighting is not cheap here.
Old Feb 5th 2007, 9:45 am
Just Joined

pureportugal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK electrical devices

all your electrical appliances will work, apart from maybe your tv. some uk tvs don't pick up the sound signal in portugal, but you will still be able to use it for watching videos & dvds and, i think, satellite tv.