Sao Bras

Old Oct 7th 2017, 8:10 am
Forum Regular

Cherrypop has a brilliant futureCherrypop has a brilliant futureCherrypop has a brilliant futureCherrypop has a brilliant futureCherrypop has a brilliant futureCherrypop has a brilliant futureCherrypop has a brilliant futureCherrypop has a brilliant future
Default Sao Bras

Hello again.

After posting about my search for a property a while ago and where I should live, I've actually found a place and probably going to make an offer in the next day or so.

It's everything I didn't really want but having seen some great places that I loved, I've had to get real. I'll be relocating alone and want to make a new life so tucking myself away in a semi-rural idyll up a dirt track and with few neighbours really isn't a good idea. For once, I'm letting my head rule my heart and thinking ahead to when I'm perhaps less fit, when my car maybe breaks down and when dwindling funds means I can't undertake any further major maintenance on an old property.

The place I've seen is a modern townhouse in Sao Bras. I'd never been to the town until some new friends took me up there for lunch just before I went to view it. Despite it being a quick visit, I got a really good feeling about the area and think I could be happy there.

One big drawback for me was that the property doesn't have a garden, as such, for my dog. There's a good outside space and a couple of green areas around the house but I've realised I can't base my entire search on providing her with an area of her own. She rarely goes out in my garden in the UK and prefers the house and getting her exercise during her daily walks.

For those of you that know the area, are there some good country walks within a short distance and is there plenty going on in the town? I'd like to join some classes - maybe yoga or pilates, language lessons and anything else that takes my fancy. Is it a place where living fairly close to the town centre could be a major mistake? I know my friends love it there and they say there's lots to do but they live outside the town and are a couple which always makes a difference to how you view a place.

Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 7th 2017, 9:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Mike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud of
Default Re: Sao Bras

The Museum runs the classes you mention and more.
There are so many places to walk your dog; in the hills, Fonte Ferrea or just the walking track around the town.
Sao Bras is probably one of the most positive places to live and the Camara like to engage with community, including the expats.
Old Oct 7th 2017, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

Cherrypop has a brilliant futureCherrypop has a brilliant futureCherrypop has a brilliant futureCherrypop has a brilliant futureCherrypop has a brilliant futureCherrypop has a brilliant futureCherrypop has a brilliant futureCherrypop has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Mike
The Museum runs the classes you mention and more.
There are so many places to walk your dog; in the hills, Fonte Ferrea or just the walking track around the town.
Sao Bras is probably one of the most positive places to live and the Camara like to engage with community, including the expats.
Thanks Mike. That was the impression I was getting and just wanted to hear it from an independent source.

I feel very positive about being there.
Old Oct 7th 2017, 11:10 am
BE Enthusiast

fergus is on a distinguished road

I am in Tavira, but have been to Sao Bras many times. It seems like a 'real' town and has a nice feel to it. It is in a good spot with easy access to lots of places, Loule (Ikea), Moncarapacho, Tavira, Olhao and Faro. If you have friends there and it feels right, then it probably is right.