Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Thought for the day

Thought for the day

Old Nov 21st 2012, 8:32 am
Banned

Benny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to all
Default Thought for the day

If you had purchased £1,000 of shares in Delta Airlines one year ago, you would have £49.00 today. If you had purchased £1,000 of shares in AIG insurance company one year ago, you would have £33.00 today. If you had purchased £1,000 of shares in Lehman Brothers five years ago, you would have nothing today. If you had purchased £1,000 of shares in Northern Rock three years ago, you would have nothing today But, if you had purchased £1,000 worth of beer one year ago at Tesco's, drunk all the beer, then taken the aluminum cans to the scrap metal dealer, you would have received £214.00. Based on the above, the best current investment plan is to drink heavily & recycle. A recent study found that the average Briton walks about 900 miles a year. Another study found that Britons drink, on average, 22 gallons of alcohol a year. That means that, on average, Britons get about 41 miles to the gallon! Makes you proud to be British
Old Nov 21st 2012, 2:30 pm
House sitting in Portugal

s5tuart is just really nices5tuart is just really nices5tuart is just really nices5tuart is just really nices5tuart is just really nices5tuart is just really nices5tuart is just really nices5tuart is just really nices5tuart is just really nices5tuart is just really nice
Default Re: Thought for the day

Superb! Made me smile on a dark and dismal UK day. Thank u
Old Nov 21st 2012, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

Dal Dy Dir is a jewel in the roughDal Dy Dir is a jewel in the roughDal Dy Dir is a jewel in the roughDal Dy Dir is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Thought for the day

Yes very good Benny, but only 22 gallons of beer a year, I always knew I was above average at something!