Thats torn it

Old Jan 28th 2021, 8:52 am
BE Enthusiast

bons is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Thats torn it

And now we are in lockdown in England until at least 8th March. How long is it in Wales? It's illegal go abroad unless we have a good reason. This virus is never-ending.
Old Jan 28th 2021, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

coleio has a reputation beyond reputecoleio has a reputation beyond reputecoleio has a reputation beyond reputecoleio has a reputation beyond reputecoleio has a reputation beyond reputecoleio has a reputation beyond reputecoleio has a reputation beyond reputecoleio has a reputation beyond reputecoleio has a reputation beyond reputecoleio has a reputation beyond reputecoleio has a reputation beyond repute

I think a lot of people are missing the point, there are a large number of deaths which seem to be connected to covid. If you consume media reports and take them to be the truth then that's your problem, Here in the UK (where I have been supporting several vulnerable people and burying several others) there is a vast effort going on which, at the moment, is to give as many as possible covid jabs but it is NOT being micromanaged by "the Government". Up to a point a lot of people are not interested in any international travel nor who pays for what as there is something more important.
Old Jan 28th 2021, 9:05 am
BE Enthusiast

bons is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by coleio
I think a lot of people are missing the point, there are a large number of deaths which seem to be connected to covid. If you consume media reports and take them to be the truth then that's your problem, Here in the UK (where I have been supporting several vulnerable people and burying several others) there is a vast effort going on which, at the moment, is to give as many as possible covid jabs but it is NOT being micromanaged by "the Government". Up to a point a lot of people are not interested in any international travel nor who pays for what as there is something more important.
I don't think we are missing the point, because when all these restrictions are lifted, it will mean that cases have fallen, hospitalisations will be much less and the biggest, deaths will no longer be happening. I can't bear the deaths that keep on happening, I too have lost a friend to Covid,my niece's husband tested positive which was very worring at the time, but he survived it without too much illness thankfully. I worry if I've had to go out, which is very rare, in case I have contracted the disease. It's distressing to see patients in ICU sruggling for breath on ventilators. Sky had an interview with a man who was ill, it turned out he died the next day It's harrowing.I've volunteered to be a vaccine marshall to do my bit to get us out of this. Don't say we are missing the point!!!
Old Jan 28th 2021, 9:53 am
BE Enthusiast

toots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry i do not "get" this Brazilian thing. I know there are Brazilians in PT ,but this is a very 3rd party theory. Because PT has links to Brazil doesn't mean that there is a monster chance that they are all are all passing C19 on to everyone here. The UK has links to a large part of the world but most of the transmissions look to be done via family and friends(and possibly workplace). Just another tactic of this inept government to look as if they are "on the job" when in fact they've never been on it. I feel quite ashamed of them in fact, especially the....... who's "in charge."
Old Jan 28th 2021, 10:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Shanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bons
And now we are in lockdown in England until at least 8th March. How long is it in Wales? It's illegal go abroad unless we have a good reason. This virus is never-ending.
They keep reviewing it but there isn't a planned end-date. The next review is tomorrow.
Old Jan 28th 2021, 10:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Shanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by toots sweet
Sorry i do not "get" this Brazilian thing. I know there are Brazilians in PT ,but this is a very 3rd party theory. Because PT has links to Brazil doesn't mean that there is a monster chance that they are all are all passing C19 on to everyone here. The UK has links to a large part of the world but most of the transmissions look to be done via family and friends(and possibly workplace). Just another tactic of this inept government to look as if they are "on the job" when in fact they've never been on it. I feel quite ashamed of them in fact, especially the....... who's "in charge."
I think it's panic, with a certain political element to it.
Old Jan 28th 2021, 10:10 am
BE Enthusiast

dingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond repute

Portugal currently has the worst rise in increase of cases in the world, the Brazilian variant has took off here, thats why we're person non grata.

They're the facts, whether we like it or not...
Old Jan 28th 2021, 10:25 am
BE Enthusiast

toots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond repute

It's not just in PT though is it. It's everywhere, as is the South African and the UK version.
Old Jan 28th 2021, 10:33 am
BE Enthusiast

dingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond repute

No its everywhere and most likely breaking out in London as we chat.

Point remains Portugal is the worst in Europe at the minute....

Looking likely my Sons wedding will be cancelled again in April plus we're not looking forward to having to stump up to isolate in a hotel after paying for a negative test before travelling.

​​​​​Hopefully things will change by autumn.
Old Jan 28th 2021, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

robbie20 is an unknown quantity at this point

Things may improve re the Brazilian variant, now that Portugal have stopped all flights into and out of Brazil. They use Lisbon as a hub apparently to fly to other destinations.
Old Jan 28th 2021, 12:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

suiko is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by toots sweet
Spot on
Old Jan 31st 2021, 6:36 am
BE Forum Addict

wellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chislenko
To be honest looking at the news yesterday of a mobbed Heathrow I am left asking myself who are all these people flying during lockdown?
Suspect people rushing back to UK to get a jab.............just received text from GP in UK asking me to book myself in for jab next week........but now stuck in Portugal without planes.
No planes no vacs. Bugger
Old Feb 1st 2021, 9:28 am
Gold-Helmeted Member

captainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone noticed whenever the UK looks to be disadvantaged, that old 1373 treaty between Portugal and UK is dragged up, and Portugal is expected to make good because of "our special relationship".

But whenever the UK feels like doing whatever it pleases against Portugal, that treaty and special friendship is forgotten.

As a UK citizen, I am ashamed at the UK and the way it acts, and the way it has no friendships other than whatever it can cynically exploit for its own purposes when it suits. Witness Johnson's abject sucking up to Trump, his diplomatic fence sitting over Trump's appalling hard right sh1t stirring, and his lame attempt not to congratulate Biden until he was absolutely sure that Trump had lost and had no realistic prospects in the unfounded court cases. Now being followed by some desperate sucking up to Biden now that the right wing of his party have had their "drop your pants and bend over" trade deal rug pulled from under them.
Old Feb 1st 2021, 9:39 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wellinever
Suspect people rushing back to UK to get a jab............
That's awful if people that are resident in Portugal (or any other country) are queue jumping ahead of people that live in the UK, and taking advantage of NHS treatment they're not entitled too, I really hope that's not true.
Old Feb 1st 2021, 9:54 am
BE Enthusiast

suiko is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by captainflack
Has anyone noticed whenever the UK looks to be disadvantaged, that old 1373 treaty between Portugal and UK is dragged up, and Portugal is expected to make good because of "our special relationship".

But whenever the UK feels like doing whatever it pleases against Portugal, that treaty and special friendship is forgotten.

As a UK citizen, I am ashamed at the UK and the way it acts, and the way it has no friendships other than whatever it can cynically exploit for its own purposes when it suits. Witness Johnson's abject sucking up to Trump, his diplomatic fence sitting over Trump's appalling hard right sh1t stirring, and his lame attempt not to congratulate Biden until he was absolutely sure that Trump had lost and had no realistic prospects in the unfounded court cases. Now being followed by some desperate sucking up to Biden now that the right wing of his party have had their "drop your pants and bend over" trade deal rug pulled from under them.
Spot on (again)!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.