Reload this Page >

Tellephone conection and price

Wikiposts

Tellephone conection and price

Old Nov 5th 2007, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

Sue B is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tellephone conection and price

Hi every one please could you advice me on who to contact and the monthly cost of installing a tellephone. We are in Tavira Quinta da Pegada, I think the line is already there as it is a new build.

Sue
Old Nov 5th 2007, 9:31 pm
C'est la vie

TaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tellephone conection and price

Sue,
When we were out in Tavira last month we went into the PT office and filled out all the application forms with the help of a very friendly feller. They had a special offer with a reduced line rental until the end of December.

We were offered connection within 2 weeks but unfortunately won't be back out until early December when we move out permanently. So it'll have to wait.

I can't remember the charge as my wife put the paperwork in her handbag and it has disappeared. Let's hope she left it over there.
Old Nov 5th 2007, 10:42 pm

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point

I was connected in my house in July,i didnt pay anything for that,they had to put a new wire to the house etc.

Monthly charges depends on if you select any of their packages.
The standard monthly charge on my bill is 12.60 euros plus IVA
I also have a package which enables me to ring Uk evenings and weekends up to 100 minutes per month,at a charge of 6.20 euros plus IVA.
Old Nov 5th 2007, 10:51 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat008 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm with Troggie and Cleri on this one. We went to the Portugal Telecom office in Tavira (opposite the Tribunal / Court House - parking usually available) and got the form filled in by the helpfull English-speaking staff. You need your passport and fiscal card.

Don't remember paying a connection fee but we paid €25 for an 8MB ADSL (broadband) activation at the same time. If you get an ADSL kit from PT ("free" with the €25 line activation ) try to get an ethernet modem (unless you've already got something like a wireless router from the UK) because they're faster and more reliable than USB IMHO.

Everything installed and working within a week or so.

Our basic line rental is €12.66 per month; calls + IVA on top. We have some strange plan that then gives us €5-10 or so credit on each bill so we end up paying €20-25 each month. However, we do all our international calls via Voipstunt which is largely free.

The ADSL charge is an extra €35.57 per month inc. IVA.

We also bought some new phones (Siemens Gigaset S450 SIM) from PT and get the price in credits against NATIONAL phone calls, but we don't know that many people in Portugal (that I want to phone that often )

Hope this helps.

GRC
Old Nov 6th 2007, 2:00 am
Forum Regular

Sue B is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats very helpful thanks to you all

Sue
Old Nov 6th 2007, 2:57 am
C'est la vie

TaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Tellephone conection and price

We got a similar deal to GRC but with a mini-alarm thrown in for good measure. I can't remember what kind of modem we got - I'll have to check it out when we get back next month.