Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Tax return question

Tax return question

Old Mar 10th 2019, 8:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

dingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tax return question

Is it correct that the tax return thats due to be filed soon is for 2017?

Read it somewhere today and just wondered if it was a typo.

Thanks in advance
Old Mar 10th 2019, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

Mac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tax return question

Nope, it’s for 2018, tax return to be filed between 1st April - 31st May.
Old Mar 11th 2019, 7:51 am
BE Enthusiast

dingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you

I thought it must have been a typo...

Just shows you cant believe the newspapers.
Old Mar 11th 2019, 2:03 pm
Just Joined

LindaT is a jewel in the roughLindaT is a jewel in the roughLindaT is a jewel in the roughLindaT is a jewel in the roughLindaT is a jewel in the rough

Hi,

I tend to be a stress puppy at times and just want to confirm - filed between 1st April and 31st May - does this mean when I log into the 'financas portal' the option to choose 2018 will only be shown from 1st April onwards (at the moment only option on dropdown is 2017). I wanted to get it done now....but seems I cannot and must just tap tap a while :-) Am I correct? THANKS for confirming if anyone can. Oh dear, while I am here, really sorry, dare I hijack and ask the same for property IMI - only get letters posted in April but online shows me nothing yet (1st time doing) - also have to wait for it to show in Financas in April only? I will be away as of end of March, hence my nervousness having to do all when not directly here (petrified of an online hiccup)
. THANKS (and again sorry for double question).
Old Mar 11th 2019, 3:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

RichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LindaT
... does this mean when I log into the 'financas portal' the option to choose 2018 will only be shown from 1st April onwards (at the moment only option on dropdown is 2017). I wanted to get it done now....but seems I cannot and must just tap tap a while :-) Am I correct? ...
Yes.

Originally Posted by LindaT
... the same for property IMI - only get letters posted in April but online shows me nothing yet (1st time doing) - also have to wait for it to show in Financas in April only? ...
The IMI figures (amounts and payment references) will probably become visible online quite soon but if you really want to get ahead you could set up a direct debit and then forget about it. You'll have to ensure that your bank account is properly confirmed as valid after any necessary changes at https://sitfiscal.portaldasfinancas.gov.pt/dados/iban and then see https://sitfiscal.portaldasfinancas....ebitosdiretos/ for details. Check for 'IBAN CONFIRMADO' towards the bottom of the page at https://www.portaldasfinancas.gov.pt...DadosGerais.do.
Old Mar 11th 2019, 3:40 pm
Just Joined

LindaT is a jewel in the roughLindaT is a jewel in the roughLindaT is a jewel in the roughLindaT is a jewel in the roughLindaT is a jewel in the rough

Thank you ever so much - all clear now and stress level down :-) (also good to know about the Direct Debit route - thanks!).