Tax receipts

Old Dec 1st 2023, 8:52 am
BE Forum Addict

wellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tax receipts

Where, on the AT portal, do you find the Expenditures made using NIF, and registered as an expense?.
I had assumed that whenever you give your NIF that it was automatically registered with your AT account, but that appears not to be the case?
Old Dec 1st 2023, 10:36 am
BE Enthusiast

EU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tax receipts

https://faturas.portaldasfinancas.gov.pt/

https://faturas.portaldasfinancas.go...uirente.action
Old Dec 1st 2023, 11:53 am
BE Forum Addict

wellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers
Odd that I can see most of the invoices where I gave NIF, so no idea what the company was talking about.
They required me to register with them in order for any spend to show up on the portal...odd that having done that its the only company where that has not happened.
Old Dec 1st 2023, 12:56 pm
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wellinever
Cheers
Odd that I can see most of the invoices where I gave NIF, so no idea what the company was talking about.
They required me to register with them in order for any spend to show up on the portal...odd that having done that its the only company where that has not happened.
It can take a while for them to filter through - I believe they have to be communicated to AT by the 5th of the month following that in which they were issued.

If they're still absent after that, you can add them in yourself.

And no, you shouldn't need to register with them in order for invoices to be communicated - the only detail they need from you is your NIF number, which can be given at time of purchase.
Old Dec 1st 2023, 5:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Red Eric
It can take a while for them to filter through - I believe they have to be communicated to AT by the 5th of the month following that in which they were issued.

If they're still absent after that, you can add them in yourself.

And no, you shouldn't need to register with them in order for invoices to be communicated - the only detail they need from you is your NIF number, which can be given at time of purchase.
Appreciate that Eric, it was in fact a well known company that sells British grub, in the Algarve. I wonder if that is because that is a Spanish company?
Old Dec 2nd 2023, 12:57 pm
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wellinever
[...]I wonder if that is because that is a Spanish company?
Not sure what the "that" refers to but as far as I know, foreign companies operating in PT do so on exaactly the same basis as those headquartered here.

Some companies, regardless of any other considerations, will, of course, try to get you to share personal data with them, often on some pretext.
Old Dec 4th 2023, 1:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Red Eric
Not sure what the "that" refers to but as far as I know, foreign companies operating in PT do so on exaactly the same basis as those headquartered here.

Some companies, regardless of any other considerations, will, of course, try to get you to share personal data with them, often on some pretext.
Yes I appreciate that Eric. But again I was in same shop over weekend and gave my NIF, the checkout person looked on the computer till, and put in my number, and then asked,,,,what is your name, yes that is correct she said, she then proceeded to produce the correct receipt.
Maybe this is a way of ensuring that the correct person is giving their NIF and not someone else`s !!!!!