Reload this Page >

Tavira - Quinta de Pegada

Tavira - Quinta de Pegada

Old Apr 13th 2007, 3:52 pm
Gina11

Gina11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Tavira - Quinta de Pegada

Originally Posted by TaniaH
We too are in the process of building a house in Quinta de Pegada. Its been taking a while! I was wondering where the curtain shop that was mentioned on this site was in Tavira? Also if anyone could recommend a lighting shop too. If anyone could let me know that would be really helpful. Thank you.
Hi Tania
There is a lighting shop just as you go into Tavira from the Cabanas end it is on the right, by a Bondi cafe, along a road that leads down to the BP petrol garage near Pingu doce. The lady in there was very accomodating and was able to order lights with only a few days notice. The only thing is she doesn't takes credit cards so you need to make sure you have euros. We didn't pay for our lights until they had arrived though and she speaks English.
Happy shopping
Gina 11
Old Apr 16th 2007, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

Odd Balls is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Folks there is also another lighting shop just round from the market place.

If memory serves, go over the bridge and at the market place roundabout turn right. Then either first or second right, this road is single carriage way (the other side of the road is a short hop skip and jump away).

The lighting shop is on the first floor so keep them peeled.

In Villa Real there is also a lighting section in Sol Dorada, I think that is what it is called, but it is on the main drag and is a mish mash shop.

I hate shopping so this must have been love!!

OB
Old Apr 16th 2007, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Gina, just noticed you are in Bucks, big county I know but where?
Old Apr 16th 2007, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

deejay7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Folks,
I'm glad for all the advice re lighting shops. I'm going to Tavira fairly soon and haven't got a stick of furniture or a single light yet, so keep the tips rolling in!!!
Apart from T-Moveis does anyone know of a good place for single beds as I need 6.
Also does anyone know of carriers that will pick up loads from Ikea in Seville at a reasonable price as most of the other items are coming from there....at least thats one of the ideas!
Dave
Old Apr 16th 2007, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

Just remember that the most important thing is a good mattress. the best quality mattresses/beds were at T-Movies............ Sorry Nomad OB
Old Apr 16th 2007, 8:15 pm
Just Joined

TaniaH is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by deejay7
Hi Folks,
I'm glad for all the advice re lighting shops. I'm going to Tavira fairly soon and haven't got a stick of furniture or a single light yet, so keep the tips rolling in!!!
Apart from T-Moveis does anyone know of a good place for single beds as I need 6.
Also does anyone know of carriers that will pick up loads from Ikea in Seville at a reasonable price as most of the other items are coming from there....at least thats one of the ideas!
Dave
Hi Dave
We have ordered furniture and bedding from a company in Bolton that has a depot in Spain. You order in the UK by going down to their showroom and they will deliver anywhere in Portugal. I'm going to QDP next week to meet the delivery van. So can't totally recommend them yet until I know it has all arrived. They will put up curtain rails, towel rails etc. They also put in lighting as well but I haven't counted all the light fittings so couldn't book the lighting! So far they have been really professional. The company is called Villapac tel no:0870 766 9695, www.villapac.co.uk - we live 40 mins south of Edinburgh and it took us 3 hours to get to Bolton. So it wouldn't be far for you. We thought about the Ikea route but I thought perhaps it wouldn't all arrive - you know what they are like with missing bits and also we are really hopeless at putting it together. Villapac seems quite good value. We have gone for their cheaper range which is the mexican style furniture. It seemed very good quality. Good luck. If Villapac is a success next week I'll let you know!
Old Apr 16th 2007, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

deejay7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Tania,
Thanks for the info. I'll have a look on their website. Let me (and everyone else) know how they work out as it would be great if you can successfully arrange something at home then have it delivered and installed at the right price.
Dave
Old Apr 16th 2007, 10:07 pm
Just Joined

The Osbornes is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all

We're new members and have just completed on our apartment in Quinta da Pegada. We will be in Tavira soon to start organising furniture etc and have found your comments and suggestions very helpful.

We have a 4 year old daughter and one thing that has concerned us is the balcony rails, in that they appear to be very easy for a child to climb. Does any body else have these concerns and if so do you have any suggestions for a solution? We have noticed that at Tavira Gardens the balconies have a form of perspex sheet fixed to the rails which should stop young climbers. If anyone has fitted anything similar we would be grateful to know where you sourced these.

Thanks
Old Apr 16th 2007, 11:08 pm
Forum Regular

Dishin'upDigital is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Dave
We have ordered furniture and bedding from a company in Bolton that has a depot in Spain. You order in the UK by going down to their showroom and they will deliver anywhere in Portugal. I'm going to QDP next week to meet the delivery van. So can't totally recommend them yet until I know it has all arrived. They will put up curtain rails, towel rails etc. They also put in lighting as well but I haven't counted all the light fittings so couldn't book the lighting! So far they have been really professional. The company is called Villapac tel no:0870 766 9695, www.villapac.co.uk - we live 40 mins south of Edinburgh and it took us 3 hours to get to Bolton. So it wouldn't be far for you. We thought about the Ikea route but I thought perhaps it wouldn't all arrive - you know what they are like with missing bits and also we are really hopeless at putting it together. Villapac seems quite good value. We have gone for their cheaper range which is the mexican style furniture. It seemed very good quality. Good luck. If Villapac is a success next week I'll let you know!
40 min's south of Edinburgh? Would that be Gala or thereabouts? I left Auld Reekie 2+ years ago, now fitting Sky in Tavira & loving it. Is yours to be a permanent move or holiday home??
Old Apr 17th 2007, 6:35 am
Forum Regular

Tavira-Dream is just really niceTavira-Dream is just really niceTavira-Dream is just really niceTavira-Dream is just really niceTavira-Dream is just really niceTavira-Dream is just really niceTavira-Dream is just really niceTavira-Dream is just really niceTavira-Dream is just really niceTavira-Dream is just really niceTavira-Dream is just really nice

Just out of interest ....where are you all furnishing your homes from?

When I was there in Jan. we took a short train trip to Villa Real and then a short ferry trip to Ayemonte (Spain) and there were some wonderful shops where you could get great kitchen stuff and knik knaks for the home at really good prices. There were a couple of very nice furniture shops there too.

Good luck everyone with your moves - Hopefully I'll be there one of these days too
Old Apr 17th 2007, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

Sue B is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Osbornes
Hello all

We're new members and have just completed on our apartment in Quinta da Pegada. We will be in Tavira soon to start organising furniture etc and have found your comments and suggestions very helpful.

We have a 4 year old daughter and one thing that has concerned us is the balcony rails, in that they appear to be very easy for a child to climb. Does any body else have these concerns and if so do you have any suggestions for a solution? We have noticed that at Tavira Gardens the balconies have a form of perspex sheet fixed to the rails which should stop young climbers. If anyone has fitted anything similar we would be grateful to know where you sourced these.

Thanks
Hi, welcome to the site. We noticed this when our 1yr old grandson arrived so are thinking we need to do something about it. we thought of perspex sheets so any info you find out will be gratefully received. Sue
Old Apr 17th 2007, 9:29 pm
Just Joined

TaniaH is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TrevorTronix
40 min's south of Edinburgh? Would that be Gala or thereabouts? I left Auld Reekie 2+ years ago, now fitting Sky in Tavira & loving it. Is yours to be a permanent move or holiday home??
Hi,

We live north of Gala on a beautiful farm. We're going to use our house as a holiday home and hope to come out as much as possible - we are also going to try and rent it out. My husband is a workaholic farmer and it will be good to get him off the farm from time to time! We will need Sky fitted sometime so will be in touch when we are ready to do so!
Old Apr 17th 2007, 11:05 pm
Forum Regular

Dishin'upDigital is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

We live north of Gala on a beautiful farm. We're going to use our house as a holiday home and hope to come out as much as possible - we are also going to try and rent it out. My husband is a workaholic farmer and it will be good to get him off the farm from time to time! We will need Sky fitted sometime so will be in touch when we are ready to do so!
Good plan, & what better place to go to 'get away from it all'? Weather has taken a massive leap for the better these last few days, it peaked at 27° today in Vilamoura/Quarteira, just right for a relaxing lunch! Looking forward to hearing from you :-)
Old Apr 18th 2007, 4:54 pm
Gina11

Gina11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Odd Balls
Hi Gina, just noticed you are in Bucks, big county I know but where?
Hi OB
Lovely to chat to you, but I hardly know you and if you don't mind I will keep that to myself.
Do you know the county well?
Old Apr 18th 2007, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

No worries, but if you are ever in the area pop in. OB

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.