Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Supermarket Loyalty Cards

Supermarket Loyalty Cards

Old Feb 23rd 2021, 9:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Supermarket Loyalty Cards

Originally Posted by campos
The only card I've got so far is the Continente one. For the reason that there's usually a till free where one can get out ASAP instead of waiting in an interminable queue. There only ever seem to be five manned tills open in the Portimao place. Not sure i've got any discounts I wouldn't have got anyway.... BTW, how does one get the vouchers that the machines always present one with? What am I missing here?
You put your card so that the machine reads the bar code on it and then your coupons will appear on the screen, you then select which ones you want and print them . If you put the Continente App in your phone they also show up there . Normally 2 a month with extra discounts on total shop and/ or specific product lines.
Old Feb 23rd 2021, 9:36 am
BE Enthusiast

campos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Loafing Along
You put your card so that the machine reads the bar code on it and then your coupons will appear on the screen, you then select which ones you want and print them . If you put the Continente App in your phone they also show up there . Normally 2 a month with extra discounts on total shop and/ or specific product lines.
Thanks for the tip. Will try it out later.
Old Feb 23rd 2021, 1:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

campos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by campos
Thanks for the tip. Will try it out later.
Didn't work out with my coupons adventure. When it came to paying, I just got the 'scan coupons' button option (with the cash or credit card options). Nothing could be printed out, as far as I could see.
I tried to download the app too but it says 'not available in your region"
Old Feb 23rd 2021, 2:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

toots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond repute

Did you scan your card in the machine first? These are usually in the entrance area. I think they are red with a screen. Not very big and in some of the bigger stores could be easy to miss. Stick the card in, choices will appear on the screen. We usually press them all and use what applies. or just give them to the cashier and let her do the work. We generally get €5 discount every shop, and also some quite large discounts every once in a while.
Old Feb 23rd 2021, 3:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by toots sweet
Did you scan your card in the machine first? These are usually in the entrance area. I think they are red with a screen. Not very big and in some of the bigger stores could be easy to miss. Stick the card in, choices will appear on the screen. We usually press them all and use what applies. or just give them to the cashier and let her do the work. We generally get €5 discount every shop, and also some quite large discounts every once in a while.
Now it's clearer. I didn't know about these machines. Will look next time. Cheers.