Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Sun Sea selling houses

Sun Sea selling houses

Old Apr 27th 2022, 1:44 am
Forum Regular

June W is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sun Sea selling houses

The channel 4 series "Sun Sea selling houses" has been based in Spain but yesterday it started airing the new episodes that include properties in the Algarve. You can watch on the channel 4 website as they are released.

Its quite interesting, the properties and prices that is, not the "acting" :+)

"Monday 25th April" is the first episode that includes the Algarve. Until that it is all Spain as far as I could see. And then Algarve will be on following dates:
  • Monday 25th April (5pm - UK time)
  • Wednesday 27th April (5pm - UK time)
  • Monday 2nd May (5pm - UK time)
  • Wednesday 4th May (5pm - UK time)
  • Thursday 5th May (5pm - UK time)

Last edited by June W; Apr 27th 2022 at 2:40 am. Reason: added first episode incl Algarve
Old May 8th 2022, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

June W is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sun Sea selling houses

I watched them all on the channel 4 website. Bit of a disappointment really. I know all places cannot be judged by one thing alone but as the programme (and others like it) seem to be based on showing how relatively cheaply one can afford a home in the sun, so that their forte. Sadly the Algarve as a property market came out of it very overpriced IMHO.

Whilst I was aware of the prices I don't think the UK public who are not would have been tempted by the offerings which were a bit limited I thought.

The first Programme is around the budget of 300k+ (house and appt)
Second is 4-500k apartment in Lagos.
Third was a 2 million house.
Fourth was an apartment again if memory serves me right
Fifth was a 800k house in Algarve "hills".
Old May 8th 2022, 11:46 am
BE Enthusiast

ouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sun Sea selling houses

When I read the previews, the Algarve wasn't mentioned, so I didn't bother watching it.

To be fair, I only watch it in the winter, prefer being outside when I can.