Stayaway Covid

Old Aug 30th 2020, 8:53 am
Happiest in the sun

Score76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stayaway Covid

Easier to create a new Google account and as you're doing it set any location option to Portugal. I've never successfully managed to change one once created. You can then flip between the accounts depending on what you want to be able to install. Having a Portuguese account opens up the ability to get at other apps, Cartao Continente, Auchan, Meo, EDP, Galp, Banking apps etc. It doesn't physically make any difference where you are, just which account you're logged on with.
Old Aug 30th 2020, 10:12 am
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Score76
Easier to create a new Google account and as you're doing it set any location option to Portugal. I've never successfully managed to change one once created. You can then flip between the accounts depending on what you want to be able to install. Having a Portuguese account opens up the ability to get at other apps, Cartao Continente, Auchan, Meo, EDP, Galp, Banking apps etc. It doesn't physically make any difference where you are, just which account you're logged on with.
I found the app easily enough without switching accounts, just by searching the name in Google Play. It downloaded and opened without issue.
Old Aug 30th 2020, 11:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macliam
Yes, the varying approach to such tracker systems reduces the effectiveness.... but there can be interoperability between some (which is why NI rolled out a different system to the UK one, but a version compatible with that used in the Republic). I will activate mine at the airport and keep it on until the last minute..... so hopefully gaining the maximum advantage, but I can't do anything about those who have not downloaded the app.
The issue now is the number of people who actually sign up and then if tested positive, actually do enter the code provided by their doctor. Think it is going to need a huge amount of publicity to make it work effectively.
Old Aug 30th 2020, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

atlasthemonk is an unknown quantity at this point

Re flying risk....So many of the uk covid cases appear 3 days after returning to the UK and rarely during their overseas holiday...My assumption is that the transmission was during the flight or the crowded transit to or from the airport. nb just my assumption.
Old Aug 30th 2020, 2:24 pm
Happiest in the sun

Score76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond repute

It is being advertised on TV, haven't noticed it anywhere else. The couple of Portuguese friends I've asked about it both share the opinion that no Portuguese will install it. They fear being tracked and controller. Neither had it installed.
Old Aug 30th 2020, 4:08 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

It is being advertised on TV, haven't noticed it anywhere else. The couple of Portuguese friends I've asked about it both share the opinion that no Portuguese will install it. They fear being tracked and controller. Neither had it installed.
I'm not surprised......memories of the Estado Novo and the PIDE take a long time to fade (even if the memories are from their grandparents!!)

It will probably be the same in the old Eastern Bloc countries too.....
Old Aug 30th 2020, 7:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

RichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond repute

Links to the App Store and Google Play versions are available from https://stayawaycovid.pt/

Unfortunately I can only have one country's app active at a time. If and when I fly from one country to the other, I will have to guess at which point in the journey I switch from one app to the other.
Old Aug 30th 2020, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

zoff is just really nicezoff is just really nicezoff is just really nicezoff is just really nicezoff is just really nicezoff is just really nicezoff is just really nicezoff is just really nice

Thanks for the link! I've been searching the iOS App Store for some time and Stayaway
Covid doesn't come up on the results.
Old Aug 31st 2020, 6:13 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Same here in France.
The French TV news this weekend said that only 2 million or so French people have installed STOP-Covid and it has been described as a flop.... No idea how much the App costs, but is it worth it? In any country?
Old Aug 31st 2020, 8:08 am
BE Enthusiast

suiko is an unknown quantity at this point

Installed the app no problem. Guess I'll see if it works when I get to Portugal again. I don't think installing another Google account is going to be a good idea for me, as I am constanty forgetting passwords anyway.

Surely if it's true that symptoms often appear 3 days after return to UK then that makes it unlikely to be connected to flying, given that symptoms normally take at least 5 days to appear, no? Personally I think it's much more likely that one will catch it here than just about anywhere else.
Old Sep 2nd 2020, 9:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

RichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond repute

Apple are building some of the exposure notification functionality into the next upgrade to iOS (13.7).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-53987928
Old Sep 3rd 2020, 11:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Is there any site where I can find the latest daily information on requirements when in Portugal
i.ie wearing of masks? eating and drinking is it permitted inside and or outside ? or is there limits on the number of people in various establishments? etc.

I am planning a trip later this month and will ( I hope ) be entering Portugal from Plasencia Spain
Old Sep 3rd 2020, 1:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Hi
Is there any site where I can find the latest daily information on requirements when in Portugal
i.ie wearing of masks? eating and drinking is it permitted inside and or outside ? or is there limits on the number of people in various establishments? etc.

I am planning a trip later this month and will ( I hope ) be entering Portugal from Plasencia Spain
This site gives a good guide : https://www.visitportugal.com/en/node/421175

Howver on the 15th September the government is due to make a new annoucement which may change certain conditions.
Old Sep 3rd 2020, 3:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Loafing Along
This site gives a good guide : https://www.visitportugal.com/en/node/421175

Howver on the 15th September the government is due to make a new annoucement which may change certain conditions.
Thank you Loafing Along, that link appears to cover all my queries, my visit will be after the 15th September but I expect/hope the site will be updated