Reload this Page >

Solar water heater

Solar water heater

Old Jul 7th 2018, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

alf1956 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Solar water heater

Hello
Has anybody had a solar powered water heater system fitted with a 250/300 litre tank as I am interested in the cost of having such a system.
Old Jul 7th 2018, 6:07 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Solar water heater

Originally Posted by alf1956
Hello
Has anybody had a solar powered water heater system fitted with a 250/300 litre tank as I am interested in the cost of having such a system.
By law all new properties have to have this facility.
Almost everyone around us has solar water heating systems..
All the major diy stores sell them
An electric back up is needed for those few months of the year with lower sunshine or none just to top up the hot water..
Old Jul 7th 2018, 6:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Notdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond repute

I've literally just started using one in a new home but it's a newer type where the water (150lt) is wholly contained within the solar panel unit i.e. no separate tank, it has an immersion heater for backup.

It's early days yet but so far I'm very impressed with it and I have the immersion heater switched on but connected through an energy meter so I can see not only if it comes on, which it shouldn't at this time of year of course, but if/when it does I will be able to track the cost and see if my decision to pass on bottled gas water heating and rely on solar has paid off.

The number of potential users needs to be factored in ofc course but for the vast majority of the time it will just be for the two of us so I'm fully expecting it to cope with that. and with plenty in reserve.
Old Jul 9th 2018, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

zoff is just really nicezoff is just really nicezoff is just really nicezoff is just really nicezoff is just really nicezoff is just really nicezoff is just really nicezoff is just really nice

Would you be so kind as to point me in the direction of more info on this system. Thank you.

Originally Posted by Notdunroamin
I've literally just started using one in a new home but it's a newer type where the water (150lt) is wholly contained within the solar panel unit i.e. no separate tank, it has an immersion heater for backup.

It's early days yet but so far I'm very impressed with it and I have the immersion heater switched on but connected through an energy meter so I can see not only if it comes on, which it shouldn't at this time of year of course, but if/when it does I will be able to track the cost and see if my decision to pass on bottled gas water heating and rely on solar has paid off.

The number of potential users needs to be factored in ofc course but for the vast majority of the time it will just be for the two of us so I'm fully expecting it to cope with that. and with plenty in reserve.
Old Jul 9th 2018, 9:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really nice

Equipment here is good value and worth taking a look at https://www.navitron.org.uk/
Old Jul 19th 2018, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

coleio has a reputation beyond reputecoleio has a reputation beyond reputecoleio has a reputation beyond reputecoleio has a reputation beyond reputecoleio has a reputation beyond reputecoleio has a reputation beyond reputecoleio has a reputation beyond reputecoleio has a reputation beyond reputecoleio has a reputation beyond reputecoleio has a reputation beyond reputecoleio has a reputation beyond repute

Leroy Merlin do the usual "stand alone" ones with combined panel and tank which are easy plumbing to fit.

Leroy Merlin - Produtos