Sky tv

Old Oct 27th 2020, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

alf1956 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sky tv

Hello fellow members. Does anybody know if you can still receive Sky tv in Carvoeiro ? I know that a few years ago Sky changed the satellite & it became difficult to receive the signal. I have seen a few posts on other forums that if you realign your dish it will receive the signal ok.
Old Oct 27th 2020, 8:57 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sky tv

To receive Sky TV and the best English language TV signals in Portugal, you will need at least a 180cm (6ft) dish for a reasonable reception from the Astra satellite.

Last edited by Pulaski; Oct 27th 2020 at 9:08 pm.
Old Oct 27th 2020, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

Hello, thank you for your reply. I think that the dish we have is only around 4 foot.
Old Oct 28th 2020, 10:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really nice

Dishes are out now and TV arrives over the Internet - choose an IPTV service and you can watch almost any TV channel from anywhere in the world + a big selection of movies and box sets.

Dishes can be repurposed and used as a part of a solar furnace or for running a sterling engine.
Old Oct 29th 2020, 12:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MrBife
Dishes are out now and TV arrives over the Internet - choose an IPTV service and you can watch almost any TV channel from anywhere in the world + a big selection of movies and box sets.

Dishes can be repurposed and used as a part of a solar furnace or for running a sterling engine.
I know as I have had a box for 10 years both in the UK & algarve as my friend was one of the first to do it , but they are not as good as sky & I thought if the signal was available I would have it in Portugal as i have it for free
Old Oct 29th 2020, 7:23 am
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

I have a 2 meter dish, and when the new tight beam astra satellite was placed is service some years ago, my signal went to zero.
Unless things have changed [a lot] then the answer is no, you can't get astra TV via satellite in southern Portugal.

If some will please tell me I'm wrong and they get reception, I'll go on on the roof and turn it back to the Astra bird.
Old Oct 29th 2020, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

Hello thanks for that it seems to be that they have shut the signal down for the Algarve etc by installing the new Astra narrow beam.
Old Oct 29th 2020, 2:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

BillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alf1956
Hello thanks for that it seems to be that they have shut the signal down for the Algarve etc by installing the new Astra narrow beam.
I think that is correct. My dish was turned to point to Intelsat 907/901 when they made the change so at least I can get the best of BBC and ITV programmes.
Old Oct 30th 2020, 9:36 am
riv
BE Enthusiast

riv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond repute

Can you remind me , please, who is the person you recommended to install the dish etc that would get the Intelsat signal ?

Is he still doing that work, do you know ?
Old Oct 30th 2020, 9:55 am
BE Enthusiast

BillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by riv
Can you remind me , please, who is the person you recommended to install the dish etc that would get the Intelsat signal ?

Is he still doing that work, do you know ?
Henrique Fernandes Tm 917550968. He lives in Olhão and is still working on terrestrial installations and electrical work.
Old Oct 30th 2020, 10:03 am
riv
BE Enthusiast

riv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. The BBC channels plus local RTP channels, with subtitles will do me fine.

I can get RTP online in UK, but no subtitle facility.
Old Oct 31st 2020, 5:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think you can get subtitles on the 907 sat; there is no program guide either, but I programed my box to get that over the internet automatically.
Does anyone get subtitles on the 907 feed?
Old Oct 31st 2020, 6:38 pm
riv
BE Enthusiast

I would absolutely need subtitles both for English and for Portuguese language programmes, to be able to follow.

I know they are available on terrestrial TV in Portugal as have seen them in hotels. Would like to know also if they are available on the BBC channels over Intelsat.
Old Oct 31st 2020, 11:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

I just checked; I'm not receiving subtitles.
Old Nov 1st 2020, 6:37 am
Forum Regular

Ajmandon is an unknown quantity at this point

liveaboard is correct. The intelsat 901/907 satback does not have any separate feeds for subtitles. Only if the subtitles are already embedded in the feed do you see them. This often applies to the BBC News channel but none of the others as far as I can recall. There is no way to "add" or in this case "remove" them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.