Wikiposts

sky tv

Old Feb 16th 2014, 10:42 pm
Forum Regular

SMENI is on a distinguished road
Default Re: sky tv

received yet another lengthy e mail from sky saying they had linked my card to box(in essence) low and behold, have all channels [except BBC ITV C4)back again!
Old May 28th 2014, 6:35 am
Just Joined

ljen958 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi. I have an apartment in Lagos & received UK tv through a large satellite dish on the roof. The satellite signal has obviously been disconnected and am now looking at Sky to get uk freeview channels again. I live in Bridgend & am thinking if i take out to Lagos a current Sky box & card will i be able to receive some channels again? Or will the Sky box not work with our satellite dish? It is a newish satellite dish & am loath to fork out large sums again. Your advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Old May 28th 2014, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

cardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ljen958
Hi. I have an apartment in Lagos & received UK tv through a large satellite dish on the roof. The satellite signal has obviously been disconnected and am now looking at Sky to get uk freeview channels again. I live in Bridgend & am thinking if i take out to Lagos a current Sky box & card will i be able to receive some channels again? Or will the Sky box not work with our satellite dish? It is a newish satellite dish & am loath to fork out large sums again. Your advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.
The dish will be set to the same Astra satellite at 28 degrees east. There are several bands from that satellite. It is the tight UK TV band that is now unobtainable. There will be channels available, even in Tenerife you get some, but you need to go to Lyngsat or similar site to see what's what.
Old May 28th 2014, 8:27 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

You will not get the main UK channels in Lagos, if the sat dish is connected and has not been moved you will still get what ever your Sky package provides plus the many many Freesat channels that are still available. But not BBC etc
If you have a SKY HD box you may still be able to get some of the UK. C5. C4 HD channels.
There is no point paying out any money to anyone what ever they tell you.
Old May 29th 2014, 11:35 pm
Forum Regular

league is an unknown quantity at this point

for future reference
http://help.sky.com/tv/problems-with...-error-message

if you have a sky account login to your account and select activate card.
no need to contact sky or email assuming you take the time to look.

regards