Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Silver Coast - Setting up House

Silver Coast - Setting up House

Old Oct 4th 2007, 12:45 pm
Russell

Russell707 has a spectacular aura aboutRussell707 has a spectacular aura aboutRussell707 has a spectacular aura about
Default Silver Coast - Setting up House

For those setting up home in the Obidos, Foz, San Martinho area, I thought I'd alert you to a couple of stores which are well worth a visit.

Maxx Mart in Caldas da Rainha has recently opened, Similar to B&Q but not as big as the superstores in the UK. The lighting especially was good quality for the price and in general the light fittings were cheaper than the long-life bulbs to fit in them!

Moveis Maples, also in Caldas has a very large selection of furniture. One showroom has higher quality higher price goods while next door is the lower priced furniture for people setting up holiday homes - but still good quality in my view. We went for the latter and kitted our 3 bedroom house out for Euro 4000.

Hope this helps.
Old Oct 4th 2007, 5:26 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Silver Coast - Setting up House

Originally Posted by Russell707
For those setting up home in the Obidos, Foz, San Martinho area, I thought I'd alert you to a couple of stores which are well worth a visit.

Maxx Mart in Caldas da Rainha has recently opened, Similar to B&Q but not as big as the superstores in the UK. The lighting especially was good quality for the price and in general the light fittings were cheaper than the long-life bulbs to fit in them!

Moveis Maples, also in Caldas has a very large selection of furniture. One showroom has higher quality higher price goods while next door is the lower priced furniture for people setting up holiday homes - but still good quality in my view. We went for the latter and kitted our 3 bedroom house out for Euro 4000.

Hope this helps.

Hey Russell thanks for the info, not up there yet but we have seen a house in the area that has tickled our fancy, by the way welcome to BE look forward to hearing more from you.
Old Oct 10th 2007, 6:39 am
Just Joined

Beegly is an unknown quantity at this point

Just found this site on a search for furniture in the Silver Coast, I have brought a property in Sao Martinho complete in Feb 2008. Has Moveis Maples got a website ?

Whole area is fantastic, amazing value for money.
Old Oct 10th 2007, 9:23 am

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Beegly
Just found this site on a search for furniture in the Silver Coast, I have brought a property in Sao Martinho complete in Feb 2008. Has Moveis Maples got a website ?

Yep they do its
http://www.moveiskol.com/sofas.htm
Old Oct 10th 2007, 2:45 pm

Hi Beegly welcome to BE and I hope you find all you need to know here, OH and I stayed in Sao Martinho back in February whilst we checked the area out, we thought it was a beautiful place and the new houses that are being built with sea views look very appealing although we didn't view them as we were looking for something just a few km in land. It seems to becoming a popular area I do hope the beauty and the charm of the place doesn't change to much with all the building going on there. Wish you every success with your new purchase, do you plan to live there full time?
Old Oct 10th 2007, 7:38 pm
Just Joined

Hi Crispygirl been to Silver Coast looking at properties 4 times thought about some lovely houses in Obidos and Sao Martinho eventually opted for 3 large bed apartment looking over Sao Martinho bay what an area roads are so good too. Will combine holiday and rent for a while but defiantly up for living in that area of Portugal permanently. Will take a long time to get spoilt so much space and great people.

Cleri thanks for the website.
Old Oct 10th 2007, 9:16 pm

Hi Crispygirl been to Silver Coast looking at properties 4 times thought about some lovely houses in Obidos and Sao Martinho eventually opted for 3 large bed apartment looking over Sao Martinho bay what an area roads are so good too. Will combine holiday and rent for a while but defiantly up for living in that area of Portugal permanently. Will take a long time to get spoilt so much space and great people.

Cleri thanks for the website.

Whow, Beegly did you buy one of those apartments right in the middle on the front line, OH and I were very tempted to have look at them, I am going to PM you with a very personal question I do hope you don't mind. Yes I agree it will be a few years (thankfully) before it gets too well known, there is off course the new golf course being built just up the road so that will be an interest for like minded peeps.
Old Oct 11th 2007, 5:37 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by crispygirl
Whow, Beegly did you buy one of those apartments right in the middle on the front line, OH and I were very tempted to have look at them, I am going to PM you with a very personal question I do hope you don't mind. Yes I agree it will be a few years (thankfully) before it gets too well known, there is off course the new golf course being built just up the road so that will be an interest for like minded peeps.
Got a PM I think but can't read it w/out my third post which should be this one
Old Oct 12th 2007, 9:35 am
BE Enthusiast

omostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant future

Sao Martinho is a lovely place, good luck with the new house