Reload this Page >

Setting up a Holiday let in Portugal

Setting up a Holiday let in Portugal

Old Apr 28th 2022, 4:20 pm
Just Joined

littleyellowenterprise is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Setting up a Holiday let in Portugal

Hi,
I'm in the throws of completing on a property in Portugal.
The property has two self-contained 2 bed licenced annexes.
The thought has occurred to me that I could set up a small holiday let to provide an income in the future.
When I started this purchase I hadn't even considered this, however, we have successfully run an Airbnb in the UK for a number of years and it would make sense to transfer our focus into these two annexes.
In Portugal can I just apply for an AL licence and submit a tax return on the income or do I need to register as a business?
I understand Portugal is very bureaucratic, so would rather not fall foul of the law before I even start.
Thank you in advance.
Old May 1st 2022, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

andywally has a reputation beyond reputeandywally has a reputation beyond reputeandywally has a reputation beyond reputeandywally has a reputation beyond reputeandywally has a reputation beyond reputeandywally has a reputation beyond reputeandywally has a reputation beyond reputeandywally has a reputation beyond reputeandywally has a reputation beyond reputeandywally has a reputation beyond reputeandywally has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Setting up a Holiday let in Portugal

Hiya

Now without being an expert on these matters (or many others for that matter) I have just started an lda (ltd in PT) there are numerous tax advantages to this, all legal and above board, but just buying property to make a profit as a private individual has very few advantages compared to an lda, I was self employed in the UK for the last 20 years and it is a different system of paying yourself as well............ if you want I will ask the guy that set it up for me to explain it to you, all you need is a NIF to start it, no need for residency, if you have already got residency it is no detriment, and it may well be advantageous in your application for residency if you do not already have it, I do not know how to private message you, but would rather not send out private contact information on a forum, so if you want to message me (assuming that you can work out how to do it) then please feel free.
Old May 2nd 2022, 6:08 am
Forum Regular

Artfuldodger128 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Setting up a Holiday let in Portugal

Do factor in the following in your letting / AL considerations ...
https://www.portugalresident.com/al-...mbshell-is-it/