British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Portugal (https://britishexpats.com/forum/portugal-89/)
-   -   Security Delays at Faro Airport? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/portugal-89/security-delays-faro-airport-943896/)

sportpix May 9th 2022 9:16 am

Security Delays at Faro Airport?

Just had an email from Ryanair to say if possible delays at security. Has anyone experienced this recently or know of industrial disputes?

PJC61 May 9th 2022 1:10 pm

Re: Security Delays at Faro Airport?

We have had family and friends coming and going over the last three weeks and they had no problems.
My son flew home yesterday and said he breezed through.
My neice and her friend have just arrived and they sailed through as well

sportpix May 9th 2022 3:50 pm

Thanks for that. I was planning on getting there with 90 minutes to the flight but the driver said best to be there two hours before. It’s an 8am flight but I’m only taking hand luggage

Sally1605 May 10th 2022 4:41 pm

I flew into Lisbon from Stansted with Ryanair on Saturday and missed my first flight due to the absolutely chaotic security process in the airport, no fault of Ryanair. I was at the airport over two hours before my flight, no baggage, but they stopped everyone at security and there were dozens who missed flights.

im guessing that’s why they have sent a generic message out, ( I got a similar one for my return flight yesterday, but there were no such problems with Lisbon security).

sportpix May 10th 2022 8:05 pm

Sorry to hear of your misfortune. I asked my driver to pick me up at 5am but when we got to Faro it was no even close to busy. Lots of waiting but no misses flight

Alan PT May 10th 2022 10:19 pm

Standard Ryanair policy then - let's waste the time of thousands of people, just in case it might help save us a few euros on a turnaround :(

Shanorme May 11th 2022 2:07 pm

Sitting at Faro airport waiting for my flight. Security was quick.

chislenko May 11th 2022 9:55 pm

My mate knows a bloke that went to Faro airport and he met another bloke there that knew Dave Lee Travis and he said there was a queue for the fast food restaurant.

Has the upstairs smoking area at the airport re-opened yet?

Sunseeker1st May 12th 2022 6:55 am

:hysterical: :thumbsup: :goodpost:

sportpix May 15th 2022 5:48 am

Curious arrangements at Faro with Ryanair saving yet another dollar by parking the plane at the air bridge but then not actually using it and making the arriving passengers - women with babies and old folks with walking devices, walk up a steel staircase instead, while boarding passengers did it in reverse and walked down.

Further curiosity when arriving in Bordeaux on Tuesday and having to go through immigration but not when departing yesterday and also not when arriving back at Faro. I'm now wondering whether I'll be seen as having moved to France...?