Reload this Page >

Security companies Algarve

Security companies Algarve

Old Apr 11th 2021, 10:43 am
Just Joined

fredscubed is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Security companies Algarve

Hi

Our plans to relocate in the early summer are moving at a pace and as things progress yet another item on the "To do or Consider" list has cropped up. The house is midway between Lagos and Burgau, just north of Luz. It's not on an estate, and sits at the end of a road and surrounded on 3 sides by countryside with no immediate neighbours. For peace of mind when we are not there i would like to have installed a intruder detection system and CCTV. Grateful if anyone make any recommendations and equally important who to avoid if you have had bad experiences.
Old Apr 13th 2021, 11:16 am
Happiest in the sun

Score76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Security companies Algarve

Since you're not on an estate you're very low risk. The Algarve is the 3rd safest place on the planet to live. Get yourself 4 wifi cameras off Ebay and wire them in each corner of your house so you've no blind spots, maybe an extra one facing up the drive towards your gate. This is deterant enough. I know quite a few people who have shelled out for the maintained/managed systems only to be extremely disappointed. They are all as bad as each other. In one instance the owner was actually broken into (lives on an estate at Alporchinos) while she was upstairs asleep. Alarm didn't go off and the alarm centre didn't know, nor did any of the cameras record anything. Useless.
Old Apr 13th 2021, 6:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

fergus is on a distinguished road

When we did our house up we had an alarm installation recommended and fitted by Jack Harvey. https://ibcsecurity.com/en/
They did the work very well and Jack Harvey has always been very honest about what we did and did not need. For example we do not have a maintenance plan and our alarm is not monitored. As Jack pointed out, with all the close neighbours we have the most important thing was that the alarm was so hellishly loud that they would all want it stopped quickly and therefore would respond themselves. And of course, that any intruder would want to get the heck out of there fast for the same reason. We do have our own IP security cameras but remember they need the internet to work. That means you need to pay for internet when you are not there.
Old Apr 19th 2021, 9:28 am
Just Joined

fredscubed is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fergus
When we did our house up we had an alarm installation recommended and fitted by Jack Harvey. https://ibcsecurity.com/en/
They did the work very well and Jack Harvey has always been very honest about what we did and did not need. For example we do not have a maintenance plan and our alarm is not monitored. As Jack pointed out, with all the close neighbours we have the most important thing was that the alarm was so hellishly loud that they would all want it stopped quickly and therefore would respond themselves. And of course, that any intruder would want to get the heck out of there fast for the same reason. We do have our own IP security cameras but remember they need the internet to work. That means you need to pay for internet when you are not there.
Thank you, I have had lots of responses giving good faith replies and suggesting solutions which may be suitable for some situations. However I have a background in risk and my requirements for the property are very specific, IBC look they have the capabilities and services I am looking for. I will get in touch with them. Thanks again everyone for your time and replies.