Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Satellite Internet

Wikiposts

Satellite Internet

Old Jun 8th 2021, 4:54 am
BE Enthusiast

santaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Satellite Internet

Originally Posted by BillBullock
Korrect, thanks santaanita. I'm looking at satellite internet right now. Konnect have better deals than SkyDSL but satellite internet is quite expensive when you factor in the cost of the new equipment needed.
I am thinking of changing suppliers as I'm having hassle with MEO, even though I've been with them for ages. They don't like package changes at the end of contract periods and they are hopeless at communicating with their customers. Believe it or not, I cannot have a package without TV now. What nonsense! I hope to sort them out very soon but I have to admit that they have been giving me good, unlimited internet for 31 Euros per month till now and fibre cable is not far off in the Algarve countryside.
hi bill when you say cost of equipment what are you referring to?
Old Jun 8th 2021, 6:18 am
BE Forum Addict

BillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by santaanita
hi bill when you say cost of equipment what are you referring to?
With the SkyDSL package you pay rental on the wifi router and forthe cost of the satellite dish. There are other costs as well. Have a look at their website.
Old Jun 8th 2021, 6:21 am
BE Enthusiast

santaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BillBullock
With the SkyDSL package you pay rental on the wifi router and forthe cost of the satellite dish. There are other costs as well. Have a look at their website.
oh ok got yer,all mine was included arrieved by ups
Old Jun 8th 2021, 8:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by barlaventoexpert
Hmm!

What operating system are you using?

Sounds like a firewall or proxy problem!
got rid of ads in the settings by blocking images
Old Jun 8th 2021, 9:14 pm
Happiest in the sun

Score76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond repute

Turning off image will turn off all images not just the ads. Try this plugin for your edge browser, works wonders:
https://adblockplus.org/en/adblock-plus-edge

There's plugins for other browsers too and an app for mobile.
Old Jun 8th 2021, 10:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Score76
Turning off image will turn off all images not just the ads. Try this plugin for your edge browser, works wonders:
https://adblockplus.org/en/adblock-plus-edge

There's plugins for other browsers too and an app for mobile.
thank you will do
Old Jun 9th 2021, 2:20 am
Happiest in the sun

Score76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond repute

It'll be interesting to know what real world speeds you get after you've used up the 120GB of priority data and whether that's still enough to watch Netflix etc.
Old Jun 9th 2021, 5:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Score76
It'll be interesting to know what real world speeds you get after you've used up the 120GB of priority data and whether that's still enough to watch Netflix etc.
we probally will never reach that as we dont use netflix or other type of television,we are lucky that our 2mtr dish still get all the freesat in hd and works great,i do use a android for the two horse racing stations when its not on ITV which would be pay sites ,but of course i cant subscribe as you have to be a UK resident so i am afraid i get it free on anriod.