RYANAIR REFUNDS

Old Aug 14th 2020, 9:39 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RYANAIR REFUNDS

Originally Posted by BillBullock
Well said spouse of scouse. I hope you get your money soon. It is so annoying that big companies do not know how to treat their customers but know how to get away with breaking the financial laws because of weak authorities.
Dead right Bill, it's very annoying. I'm glad you got your refund, eventually!

I wish Turkish airlines would either refund my money, or tell me that they're not going to. I do have travel insurance and they've said I'm covered for the cost of the flights, but I can't claim without proof that Turkish airlines won't give me a refund, and there's no way of getting hold of them.
Old Aug 15th 2020, 7:27 am
BE Enthusiast

sportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond repute

What date did you request a refund? Mine was requested on 15 March, 22 weeks' ago.
just checked and it was mid April so I’ve obviously got longer to wait 🙁
Old Aug 15th 2020, 7:35 am
BE Enthusiast

campos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse

I wish Turkish airlines would either refund my money, or tell me that they're not going to. I do have travel insurance and they've said I'm covered for the cost of the flights, but I can't claim without proof that Turkish airlines won't give me a refund, and there's no way of getting hold of them.
Until you expanded I thought you'd spent 10.5k with Ryan!
I waited 4 months exactly from cancelled flight to refunded. Austrian Airlines. 4 calls to call centre and on 4th call I had to escalate it to keep a supervisor occupied for a good 20 mins. Within 5 days it was in my account. Can't you get a Turkish number for your country?
Old Aug 15th 2020, 10:27 am
BE Enthusiast

sportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond repute

thats a worry. I’ve just shelled out 2.3k on a return ticket to Lisbon...
Old Aug 15th 2020, 10:29 am
BE Enthusiast

I should have said on Turkish ...
Old Aug 15th 2020, 11:36 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by campos
Until you expanded I thought you'd spent 10.5k with Ryan!
I waited 4 months exactly from cancelled flight to refunded. Austrian Airlines. 4 calls to call centre and on 4th call I had to escalate it to keep a supervisor occupied for a good 20 mins. Within 5 days it was in my account. Can't you get a Turkish number for your country?
I think I'd need to be travelling with a football team and their families to spend that much with Ryanair
I partly blame myself for the refund hassle, I always book direct with airlines but this time I went with an online travel site because they had a really good deal. So I can't contact Turkish Airlines direct, I have to go through the travel site. They seem to have done all the right things and told me they 'initiated the refund process' early April, but my subsequent queries with them just get the answer that it's out of their hands, ie the timing's up to airline.
Originally Posted by sportpix
thats a worry. I’ve just shelled out 2.3k on a return ticket to Lisbon...
I should have said on Turkish ...
Did you book with TA direct? If so you'll probably be fine, although I hope your flights just go ahead with no need to test that.

If it wasn't for the fact that scouse (husband) has family in Liverpool, I don't think we'd travel to the UK or Europe again, even though we love Portugal, Spain and Italy in particular. The time it takes plus the expense is getting a bit hard. Lots to still see closer to home, including Japan and New Zealand.
Old Aug 15th 2020, 11:44 am
BE Enthusiast

I think I'd need to be travelling with a football team and their families to spend that much with Ryanair
I partly blame myself for the refund hassle, I always book direct with airlines but this time I went with an online travel site because they had a really good deal. So I can't contact Turkish Airlines direct, I have to go through the travel site. They seem to have done all the right things and told me they 'initiated the refund process' early April, but my subsequent queries with them just get the answer that it's out of their hands, ie the timing's up to airline.

Did you book with TA direct? If so you'll probably be fine, although I hope your flights just go ahead with no need to test that.

If it wasn't for the fact that scouse (husband) has family in Liverpool, I don't think we'd travel to the UK or Europe again, even though we love Portugal, Spain and Italy in particular. The time it takes plus the expense is getting a bit hard. Lots to still see closer to home, including Japan and New Zealand.
l did book with TA direct. I’ve flown with them before and have been satisfied with their service. It’s not as good as Thai, but Thai has grounded all of their planes through October. I need to get to Portugal ASAP and I’m not flying halfway around the world in cattle...
Old Aug 15th 2020, 11:50 am
Concierge

l did book with TA direct. I’ve flown with them before and have been satisfied with their service. It’s not as good as Thai, but Thai has grounded all of their planes through October. I need to get to Portugal ASAP and I’m not flying halfway around the world in cattle...
I didn't mind flying economy when I was younger, couldn't afford business class then anyway. We still fly economy for short hauls. But after having done the 12 hour plus 8 hour flights to get to the UK in economy, and absolutely dreading the flights home, we started flying business. I spend ages looking for the best deals, for example the Turkish Airlines flights were half the price of the cheapest Qantas and Emirates flights. No way I'm paying $21,000 for two tickets!
Old Aug 29th 2020, 6:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Well said spouse of scouse. I hope you get your money soon. It is so annoying that big companies do not know how to treat their customers but know how to get away with breaking the financial laws because of weak authorities.
message from wife - 600+ quid received today from Ryanair. I used jet2 to get here on Tuesday as I wasn’t going to give Ryanair another penny while they were still holding my hard earned cash 💰
Old Aug 29th 2020, 6:43 am
BE Forum Addict

BillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond repute

Your refund at long last. We should be happy but for some reason we are disappointed with Ryanair, yet again.
Old Aug 29th 2020, 12:00 pm
Concierge

message from wife - 600+ quid received today from Ryanair. I used jet2 to get here on Tuesday as I wasn’t going to give Ryanair another penny while they were still holding my hard earned cash 💰
Good news

Still waiting on Turkish Airlines
Old Aug 29th 2020, 12:25 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Your refund at long last. We should be happy but for some reason we are disappointed with Ryanair, yet again.
I'm glad to hear that Ryanair is finally getting on top of things....... however, I think they got a lot of bad press for their inaction early on.

I prefer to fly Jet2, but am flying on Ryanair because the timings are better...... but also because Jet2 have been mucking people about just as much - and cancelling booked flights at relatively short notice.

Hopefully, Ryanair won't be doing that