Ryanair Refund?

Old Apr 7th 2020, 6:55 am
BE Enthusiast

dingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ryanair Refund?

Still waiting for the vouchers from ba and it's 9 days today.

Not happy... 🙄
Old Apr 8th 2020, 11:47 am
BE Enthusiast

sportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond repute

Further to this, I have just received the following, which does not help me at all:

Dear Customer,

The spread of the Covid-19 Virus and associated Government travel restrictions, continues to have a negative impact on the schedules of all Ryanair Group Airlines.

As a result of this we want to offer our customers as much flexibility as possible in relation to their scheduled travel plans. We are now offering you the following options in relation to your booked flight.

· You can change your flight to any date in the next 3 months, up to Aug 31 2020.
· The flight change fee will be waived in full.
· You will only have to pay the difference in fare.
· This flight date change will only apply to the route you have already booked.
· Please do not try to change to another date in May.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused by this unprecedented crisis. The safety and well-being of our people and customers is our main priority, and we are working closely with the state authorities and we will follow any travel restrictions that are imposed and will continue to comply with all WHO and EASA guidelines to combat the Covid-19 virus.

To change your travel date, click on My Bookings below.

Best regards,
Customer Service
Old Apr 8th 2020, 12:24 pm
Happiest in the sun

Score76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond repute

They're trying to get you to rebook a later date to avoid having to refund you when they cancel your flight in a week or so. Still no news on my 3 refunds. If they haven't refunded me after the Easter weekend I'll be contacting my credit card company to charge them back.
Old Apr 8th 2020, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

Lelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Lelandy
I had a return to the UK in April booked with Ryanair, back in January they arbitrarily changed my outward journey date. I booked with easyJet for the original date and cancelled my Ryanair flight as it had moved more than three hours and I was entitled to, refund received.

Now my return journey (spoiler alert: I didn't go) is cancelled but when I apply for a refund the computer says 'No' as I've already had a refund! Yes, but only for part of the original booking. Now doing battle with Ryanair 'customer services'.
As we're updating I thought I'd chip back in about the above. After trying the refund option again online following my cancellation, the computer again said 'no'. I had sent several emails with no reply, so I googled their hard to find on the website phone number (+44 871 5005050 @ 13 pence a minute) and set myself a 10 minute limit of being on hold. To my surprise it was answered within 7. The rep was very helpful, understood the problem and said she'd sort out a refund, but expect to wait 28 days due to the obviously very busy time. A very reasonable result.
Old Apr 8th 2020, 1:07 pm
Happiest in the sun

Score76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond repute

I bet next time I book with them they wouldn't wait 28 days for me to pay cos I was busy.
Old Apr 8th 2020, 2:19 pm
Happiest in the sun

Out of interest I thought I would explore the chargeback option with Amex (the card I used to pay for the 3 bookings). They make it really easy, find the transaction on the statement, click the link to query it, not received the service, free text box where I gave the flight booking reference, date Ryanair cancelled it... Submit. They refunded me within about a minute. Fabulous, all three bookings now back in my account. I suggest anyone else waiting for refunds or bring fobbed off with excuses for the airline to borrow money from you explore the same option.
Old Apr 9th 2020, 11:35 am
BE Enthusiast

BillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Score76
Out of interest I thought I would explore the chargeback option with Amex (the card I used to pay for the 3 bookings). They make it really easy, find the transaction on the statement, click the link to query it, not received the service, free text box where I gave the flight booking reference, date Ryanair cancelled it... Submit. They refunded me within about a minute. Fabulous, all three bookings now back in my account. I suggest anyone else waiting for refunds or bring fobbed off with excuses for the airline to borrow money from you explore the same option.
Well done. I wonder if that works with all the other card companies? I will try it as a last resort but I've only been waiting for 3 weeks for my Ryanair refund.
Old Apr 9th 2020, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

guirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really nice

It seems Ryanair has suspended refunds for the time being.

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-...tead-1.4225203
Old Apr 9th 2020, 7:31 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by guirijohn
It seems Ryanair has suspended refunds for the time being.

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-...tead-1.4225203
Reclaim from Visa or whatever card was used.
Old Apr 15th 2020, 7:08 am
BE Enthusiast

sportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond repute

I've just checked the Ryanair website and although the appear to have flights on the days that I booked to and from Faro they do not have the "actual" flights that I booked, which suggests that those flights have been cancelled or rescheduled to different times of the day.

I would have thought they would have contacted me about this but so far I have heard nothing.

Should I be chasing them before the one-month deadline arrives?

My son (who lives in the UK) has just informed me that the UK will remain on lockdown until early May. Not sure how this affects airlines. Are they deemed essential business?
Old Apr 15th 2020, 7:12 am
BE Forum Addict

wellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond repute

hi
exactly same for me on flight i booked for 4th may...after 4 days it disappeared from the site.....but here s a coincidence...just received a cancellation of the flight this morning.
i have requested a refund and rebooked with my preferred airline. SO request made today 15 April and it says refund will be given within 7 days
Old Apr 15th 2020, 7:15 am
BE Forum Addict

wellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond repute

I thunk the bigger problem will be what Portugal does, rather than the UK. I heard that yesterday the President of Portugal has instructed everyone to wear masks when they go outside to supermarkets and other areas of people being together.....I guess they are trying to really get this under control quickly, if not the tourist months will be a write off and that will be even more serious
Old Apr 15th 2020, 8:25 am
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

This is wildly off the topic of Ryanair refunds, for which I apologise but as it's arisen …

Originally Posted by wellinever
I heard that yesterday the President of Portugal has instructed everyone to wear masks when they go outside to supermarkets and other areas of people being together.....
I don't know where you heard that from but I'm not aware of any such instruction yet being issued, by him or by anybody else.

The line to date has been for the bulk of the uninfected general public not to use masks, due to the theory that they offer a false sense of security. The DGS (public health department) has, within the last couple of days, altered its stance on that and is now recommending that some form of mask be worn in enclosed spaces, primarily to impede transmission as opposed to being a barrier to becoming infected.

And the president of Infarmed, the public body which evaluates, authorises, regulates and controls medicines and health products in Portugal was present and gave input on the matter at the daily Covid-19 press conference.

I guess they are trying to really get this under control quickly, if not the tourist months will be a write off and that will be even more serious
I very much get the impression, watching various of the talking heads, that the tourist months have already been written off.

It seems completely unfeasible to have tourism without fully operating accommodation and restaurants and it looks very much as though those will be the last sector of the economy to reopen properly.

I suspect that even those Portuguese and their families who traditionally descend on the country during August and don't necessarily rely on hotel or rented accommodation are going to be urged to stay away this year.

Last edited by Red Eric; Apr 15th 2020 at 8:35 am. Reason: Spelling
Old Apr 15th 2020, 9:49 am
BE Enthusiast

BillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond repute

hi
exactly same for me on flight i booked for 4th may...after 4 days it disappeared from the site.....but here s a coincidence...just received a cancellation of the flight this morning.
i have requested a refund and rebooked with my preferred airline. SO request made today 15 April and it says refund will be given within 7 days
I'm still waiting for my refund 5 weeks' later. Don't hold your breath.
Old Apr 15th 2020, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

Lelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Red Eric
This is wildly off the topic of Ryanair refunds, for which I apologise but as it's arisen …

I don't know where you heard that from but I'm not aware of any such instruction yet being issued, by him or by anybody else.

The line to date has been for the bulk of the uninfected general public not to use masks, due to the theory that they offer a false sense of security. The DGS (public health department) has, within the last couple of days, altered its stance on that and is now recommending that some form of mask be worn in enclosed spaces, primarily to impede transmission as opposed to being a barrier to becoming infected.

And the president of Infarmed, the public body which evaluates, authorises, regulates and controls medicines and health products in Portugal was present and gave input on the matter at the daily Covid-19 press conference.

I very much get the impression, watching various of the talking heads, that the tourist months have already been written off.

It seems completely unfeasible to have tourism without fully operating accommodation and restaurants and it looks very much as though those will be the last sector of the economy to reopen properly.

I suspect that even those Portuguese and their families who traditionally descend on the country during August and don't necessarily rely on hotel or rented accommodation are going to be urged to stay away this year.
If I may continue to digress temporarily, the below is from Safe Communities Portugal:

USE OF SOCIAL MASKS - IMPORTANT GUIDANCE
Guidance has now been issued by the Director General of Health on the use of social masks by the general population.
THE DGS BULLETIN IS HERE
=AT0Dey-e81EGwEF4m-HyFsy6WSD5WJbh3QzG2LhQMyx1AzjPgqiBf8VdtCHl5keFqM0S NXbz1wkXO4ccuB_N8ePsSUAL4gQRFxfA-Oq3mDhAzqV7ffBLRqReUdIFDdQrPivFUv68veB_M_kDjfnjYr2 z8uIt3kXtwTbvZktACRWY3hzLCE2-wKn3ibZmPKa_qkrr6ZTYV1soi9gK3I6IgrD0T3inOvqZSzHCXc 0E795S3G4s8zxXdLv_]https://www.dgs.pt/normas-orientacoes-e-informacoes/informacoes/informacao-n-0092020-de-13042020-pdf.aspx
DGH STRESSED "that the sensible use of masks by the population should not result in the neglecting of the other fundamental measures already in place, such as social distancing and hand hygiene."
Information about how to use masks in a correct and safe way by the link to WHO. Be aware: Incorrect use of the mask may pose health risks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.