Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Ryanair Porto to Lisbon return.

Ryanair Porto to Lisbon return.

Old Jan 22nd 2019, 5:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ukkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to all
Default Ryanair Porto to Lisbon return.

My printer died when I tried to print my boarding passes so I downloaded the Ryanair app to my phone and now have both BP's on it. Do I just show the e-ticket to them at the counter and will they be accepted instead of the printed version?
Old Jan 22nd 2019, 6:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Shanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ryanair Porto to Lisbon return.

Yes and yes.
Old Jan 22nd 2019, 6:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ukkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to all

Thank you.
Old Jan 22nd 2019, 7:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Shanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond repute

My pleasure.
Old Jan 24th 2019, 2:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ukkram
My printer died when I tried to print my boarding passes so I downloaded the Ryanair app to my phone and now have both BP's on it. Do I just show the e-ticket to them at the counter and will they be accepted instead of the printed version?
I suggest you put them In Wallet on your phone then you dont need internet to show them
Old Jan 24th 2019, 5:03 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

If you can back them up with the paper version do so.
We have see travellers using apps on their phones sent back to the check in desks at Faro.as their equipment could not read the app.
Same security companies as at the other PT airports.,
Old Jan 24th 2019, 6:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

I just got back from a Porto - Lisbon - Porto trip.and used the e-ticket. No problem and many people were using it. Once you have used the app and viewed the Boarding Passes they will stay on the app regardless of whether you have internet access or not. You can open your BP and it will stay lit until you close it. This will prevent your phone going blank as you wait in the queue.
Old Jan 24th 2019, 7:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

RichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
If you can back them up with the paper version do so.
We have see travellers using apps on their phones sent back to the check in desks at Faro.as their equipment could not read the app. ...
I have successfully used an on-screen display of an easyJet pdf boarding pass (that's intended to be printed) to get through Belfast to Faro but on the return journey from Faro had to produce the printed (backup) copy I luckily had. Apparently the Faro handheld scanners can only read a 'paper barcode' off paper and can only scan a 'screen barcode' (like a QR code) direct from a screen.
Old Jan 24th 2019, 8:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ryanair has a small list of countries where it does not yet work. Most are very obscure countries.
Old Jan 24th 2019, 8:23 pm
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ukkram
Ryanair has a small list of countries where it does not yet work. Most are very obscure countries.
I think Richard may have been pointing out that there's a difference between an electronic boarding pass sent to the Ryanair app and a pdf version sent to your email address, even though both can be displayed on a phone screen
Old Jan 24th 2019, 9:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

I'm the last holdout.
The only person left
Without a "smart" phone.
I always said when they make one that's waterproof, shockproof, scratchproof, and under 100 bucks I'll do it.
They're getting close.
Old Jan 25th 2019, 11:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by liveaboard
I'm the last holdout.
The only person left
Without a "smart" phone.
I always said when they make one that's waterproof, shockproof, scratchproof, and under 100 bucks I'll do it.
They're getting close.
NO , still using my Samsung Flip & always will !
Old Jan 25th 2019, 11:37 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RichardHenshall
I have successfully used an on-screen display of an easyJet pdf boarding pass (that's intended to be printed) to get through Belfast to Faro but on the return journey from Faro had to produce the printed (backup) copy I luckily had. Apparently the Faro handheld scanners can only read a 'paper barcode' off paper and can only scan a 'screen barcode' (like a QR code) direct from a screen.
That explains the grumpy faces on those sent back to the check in desks..
I just wish those using their phones had them ready at check in., security, hire car desks etc.
Using them is supposed to speed things up but only if used properly..
Old Jan 26th 2019, 10:58 am
riv
BE Enthusiast

riv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond repute

Not really on topic but ~ would not the train have been a much less stressful way of making that journey ?

And maybe even quicker in terms of city centre to city centre ?

Has anyone used both methods and able to compare ?
Old Jan 26th 2019, 3:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

I left Viana do Castelo at 03.30 for a 60km journey to Porto Airport by bus.Cost was € 8.00.
Flew to Lisbon at 06.30. Cost was €10.00.Landed at 07.10.
Caught 2 metro trains and walked 1,2 km to embassy. Cost was €2.00.
Took 2 trains back to airport. Cost was €2.00.
Flight back to Porto at 12.35. Cost was €11.00.
Two metro trains to main bus depot. Cost was €1.20.
Bus back home and arrived at 15.30. Cost was €6.50.

Total time: 12 hours
Total cost: €40.70.

Had I taken an inter city train it would cost me:
Viana to Porto. €18.00
Porto to Lisbon €32.00
Metro train €2.00

Hotel for the night €70.00.

Return costs the same except for hotel. €52.00.

Total time: 2 days.
Total cost: €174.00.

Last edited by Ukkram; Jan 26th 2019 at 3:24 pm.