British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Portugal (https://britishexpats.com/forum/portugal-89/)
-   -   Ryanair flights (https://britishexpats.com/forum/portugal-89/ryanair-flights-903406/)

rollermum83 Sep 16th 2017 8:02 am

Ryanair flights

there is an article in the telegraph today stating Ryanair are cancelling hundreds of flights over the next 6 weeks due to staff holidays... They have apologised if it's an inconvenience lol .. Please check if you are going anywhere ..

EMR Sep 16th 2017 8:11 am

Re: Ryanair flights

Originally Posted by rollermum83 (Post 12339323)
there is an article in the telegraph today stating Ryanair are cancelling hundreds of flights over the next 6 weeks due to staff holidays... They have apologised if it's an inconvenience lol .. Please check if you are going anywhere ..

I faro flight, that being to Manchester was on the list.

rollermum83 Sep 16th 2017 8:19 am

There are no exact flight lists and people are saying they aren't even being told until they get to the airports .. I don't know how to post the link on here ?? Sorry

EMR Sep 16th 2017 8:43 am

Originally Posted by rollermum83 (Post 12339333)
There are no exact flight lists and people are saying they aren't even being told until they get to the airports .. I don't know how to post the link on here ?? Sorry

There was a very detailed list published yesterday..
You need to check with Ryanair if you have any concerns.
It us just a small % of the total ,not much help if you are one of those affected..

Ingles Sep 16th 2017 9:01 am

This may be off use

https://www.ryanair.com/gb/en/useful...-cancellations

macliam Sep 16th 2017 12:07 pm

Given that I have to book other travel tickets contingent on the "confirmed" flight by Ryanair, it'll be "interesting" if they cancel. :blink:

Another example of the customer-focus of the company.......:huh:

chislenko Sep 17th 2017 4:27 pm

Just to make matters worse as of November 2nd no cabin bag above 35x20x20 and no trolley bag in the cabin unless you pay for priority boarding with Ryanair.

robbie20 Sep 17th 2017 4:44 pm

The larger cabin bag will be put in the hold free of charge.

macliam Sep 17th 2017 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by chislenko (Post 12340033)
Just to make matters worse as of November 2nd no cabin bag above 35x20x20 and no trolley bag in the cabin unless you pay for priority boarding with Ryanair.

Self-inflicted wound...... if people had stuck to the sizes stated there wouldn't have been a problem - but every time they have to pull people out of the line to deal with an oversize bag it delays everyone ..... and if they don't do that (which they haven't recently) the cabin luggage space runs out and it delays take-off until it gets sorted. This has happened on most recent flights IME.

The problem is, people think the rules are just for others..... I've seen full-size rucksacks used as cabin baggage and others who can't lift the bag to get it in the overhgead locker. Now Ryanair will carry the current hand-baggage allowance (55x40x20, 10kg) in the hold free of charge and are also reducing the fee for checked baggage (to £25 for 20kg online or £40 at the airport). If you want to avoid delays then you pay for priority.

Dal Dy Dir Sep 17th 2017 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by macliam (Post 12340071)
Self-inflicted wound...... if people had stuck to the sizes stated there wouldn't have been a problem - but every time they have to pull people out of the line to deal with an oversize bag it delays everyone ..... and if they don't do that (which they haven't recently) the cabin luggage space runs out and it delays take-off until it gets sorted. This has happened on most recent flights IME.

The problem is, people think the rules are just for others..... I've seen full-size rucksacks used as cabin baggage and others who can't lift the bag to get it in the overhgead locker. Now Ryanair will carry the current hand-baggage allowance (55x40x20, 10kg) in the hold free of charge and are also reducing the fee for checked baggage (to £25 for 20kg online or £40 at the airport). If you want to avoid delays then you pay for priority.

I agree that some people do abuse the cabin bag size but was wondering about another point that Ryanair make in their quest to get more people to purchase priority "There is only space for 90 55/40/20 trolley bags on each filght so purchasing prority will mean your bag will get a space" What if 150 purchased priority?

Loafing Along Sep 17th 2017 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by Dal Dy Dir (Post 12340115)
I agree that some people do abuse the cabin bag size but was wondering about another point that Ryanair make in their quest to get more people to purchase priority "There is only space for 90 55/40/20 trolley bags on each filght so purchasing prority will mean your bag will get a space" What if 150 purchased priority?

They will the introduce " Premium priority ":thumbsup::thumbsup:

chislenko Sep 17th 2017 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by Loafing Along (Post 12340153)
They will the introduce " Premium priority ":thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sadly, you are probably correct🙄🙄

Ingles Sep 18th 2017 10:24 am

It's not looking good !

https://algarvedailynews.com/news/12...-are-cancelled

macliam Sep 18th 2017 10:47 am

Originally Posted by Ingles (Post 12340479)

... and you can always rely on the ADN!
"The varying excuses used by the airline are weak and, as ever, Ryanair's modus operandi is to 'lie first and lie later.'"
Is this an article or a personal opinion - if they were worth suing, I think Ryanair might have a case.

There's no doubt it's a mess - I have two flights potentially impacted, the latter of which is to return to the UK for a Hospital meeting, so I'm not exactly happy with the situation ...... but it also plays in to the the Ryanair/LIDL/Skoda are rubbish mindset. Ryanair flights have become like buses - indeed it often costs less for me to fly than it does to reach my local airport by National Express - but Ryanair are more likely to be punctual.

robbie20 Sep 18th 2017 7:26 pm

Ryanair have now put a list of cancelled flights on their website.