Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Revalidation of driving licence - final part 2

Revalidation of driving licence - final part 2

Old Sep 15th 2021, 11:12 am
Time is always a problem

jogl will become famous soon enoughjogl will become famous soon enough
Default Revalidation of driving licence - final part 2

I posted on here several weeks ago over getting frustrated with IMT. Here's an update.

in middle of July I made an appointment at my local Centre du Saude for a driving licence medical. It was for mid August (I know it was thoughtless of me, I should have known). Upshot was I arrived at the health centre on the due date to be told 'no doctor'. He was on holiday. Rebooked for earlier this week. Sat in front of the doctor whilst he tapped away at his desk top computer. Then I was given a print out confirming a pass for the medical. No examination, nada.

in the meantime I was having problems with IMT online. Error messages strewn across every page. 3 emails plus several calls to their helpline which ended in 'Please try later'. Finally a week or so later a reply with instructions to fix the problem. Apparently they don't want your passport details for proof of identity they want your residency data!

This morning logged on and went through the revalidation process which concluded with an email detailing payment data. Payment of 13.50€ 24 hours later at multibanco or online and it should be sorted says me.

Not enjoyed this one bit, but two years from now I'll be fine.