Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Returning to Portugal

Returning to Portugal

Old Apr 18th 2021, 9:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

santaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Returning to Portugal

your right but but one person who i have known over 40 years ,quotes the old saying ,i dont have to i pay tax in UK ,you cant help some people.
er
Old Apr 18th 2021, 11:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

ricko has a reputation beyond reputericko has a reputation beyond reputericko has a reputation beyond reputericko has a reputation beyond reputericko has a reputation beyond reputericko has a reputation beyond reputericko has a reputation beyond reputericko has a reputation beyond reputericko has a reputation beyond reputericko has a reputation beyond reputericko has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dmu
Recent Utility/Internet bills, rental receipts/Property Deed, ..., Driving Licence, the Portuguese equivalent of a Health Insurance Card, would help to confirm your residency and domicile.
As an anecdote, DD2 came to visit me last week, armed with the compulsory Attestation indicating the reason for being more than 30 km from her domicile (present restriction in France). She carried her Rental Agreement and Work Contract (to justify her return) and various health documents which I had scanned her, to justify "impelling family reasons", (and, of course, a negative covid-test), and this was only for a 3 hr. train ride within France....
The more official documents with your present address on, the better....
So those are ancilliary documents for proof of address, rather than specific documents required for travel during the pandemic.
I only have the Residencia with me, as I didn't see the point of bringing any local portuguese documents.
I haven't followed very well, the situation in France, but I did see it has become more acute, and that a curfew had been imposed.
Old Apr 18th 2021, 11:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

Utility bill is accepted as proof of your address; rather archaic, as one might have bills for multiple residences, and you might live in a residence where the utilities are paid by a different person.

But that's how they do it, because there is no register of residents or addresses as other EU countries have.

With almost all bills electronic now, who even has a paper one? unless you print it out.
And if you do that, you could put any name you like on it.
Old Apr 19th 2021, 6:06 am
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

I can't see any requirement for arrivals in Portugal to provide proof of address on top of their residence document.

I can see how, if transiting through other countries, it might be advisable to have something else just in case a border official doesn't recognise a PT residence document but arriving in Portugal by air?

If you have online access to your details with Finanças, though, and your fiscal address is in Portugal, might that be something you could print out if you felt nervous about lack of proof of address?
Old Apr 19th 2021, 7:18 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ricko
So those are ancilliary documents for proof of address, rather than specific documents required for travel during the pandemic.
I only have the Residencia with me, as I didn't see the point of bringing any local portuguese documents.
I haven't followed very well, the situation in France, but I did see it has become more acute, and that a curfew had been imposed.
Having the French mindset where bureaucracy is concerned, I'm paranoiac about ID and travelling during Covid.
I would imagine that your Residencia would be sufficient if you arrive by air, but you did ask whether other documents might be necessary, and the list I gave was intended to HELP justify your domicile if necessary.
(Haven't you got a Driving Licence/car papers indicating your present address on you? Or a Portuguese Health Card?)
Old Apr 20th 2021, 9:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

ricko has a reputation beyond reputericko has a reputation beyond reputericko has a reputation beyond reputericko has a reputation beyond reputericko has a reputation beyond reputericko has a reputation beyond reputericko has a reputation beyond reputericko has a reputation beyond reputericko has a reputation beyond reputericko has a reputation beyond reputericko has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Red Eric
I can't see any requirement for arrivals in Portugal to provide proof of address on top of their residence document.

I can see how, if transiting through other countries, it might be advisable to have something else just in case a border official doesn't recognise a PT residence document but arriving in Portugal by air?

If you have online access to your details with Finanças, though, and your fiscal address is in Portugal, might that be something you could print out if you felt nervous about lack of proof of address?
That's a good idea.
I wasn't really concerned about proof of address; I mistakenly thought that there were some necessary documents that I did not know about.
But I might as well print out the details.
Does anyone know of a youtube video in English that gives a tutorial about navigating the Financas site?
Old Apr 20th 2021, 10:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

wellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond repute

That's a good idea.
I wasn't really concerned about proof of address; I mistakenly thought that there were some necessary documents that I did not know about.
Does anyone know of a youtube video in English that gives a tutorial about navigating the Financas site?
Use Google Chrome with translation app.
If IMI just Google pay IMI in portugal
Old Apr 20th 2021, 10:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

(Haven't you got a Driving Licence/car papers indicating your present address on you? Or a Portuguese Health Card?)
My health "card" is in Portugal, and I went green on moving, and have used public transport, my bike, and Shank's pony.
Old Apr 21st 2021, 6:15 am
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

That's a good idea.
If it's just to print out your details, choose Dados Pessoais from the menu on the left side after sign-in, then Dados Gerais.
Old Apr 21st 2021, 6:22 am
BE Enthusiast

chislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond repute

That's a good idea.
Since being forced to leave my lovely XP behind and move to Windows 10 I have been using whatever search engine was pre-installed and it automatically translates into English.

There is an option when using "foreign language" sites to "always translate"
Old Apr 22nd 2021, 1:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

If it's just to print out your details, choose Dados Pessoais from the menu on the left side after sign-in, then Dados Gerais.
Thanks, I've done that now.
It made me realise I had two different problems with using the site. As well as the language problem, I had the problem of finding the right page.
Old Apr 22nd 2021, 1:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Use Google Chrome with translation app.
I normally use Firefox, but tried out Chrome for this site.
I looked in "More tools" and "Settings", but couldn't see a way to switch it to translate?
Old Apr 22nd 2021, 1:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

There is an option when using "foreign language" sites to "always translate"
I looked around the webpage but couldn't see the EN button that I've noticed on other sites.
Old Apr 22nd 2021, 4:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

chislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond repute

I looked around the webpage but couldn't see the EN button that I've noticed on other sites.
It's not on the particular websites it is in the browser settings.

Whatever browser is on latest windows 10. (Microsoft Edge)

Old Apr 23rd 2021, 7:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Rambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond repute

Ricko - I use Chrome for Financas Portal - if you put your cursor over a patch of text and do a right-hand click the little square that comes up may well have a line for "translate to English".
If you are new to Chrome - while in your Chrome browser, go to the three little dot, top right of page (right of the address bar) and click on "settings" then at left side of the screen that comes up, go down to "Advanced" which gives you an option of "languages" and select Languages with the little arrow and make sure you are in English - this helps for navigation and Google searches, and may bring up the little box as an extra at the top of your screen when you go into a foreign language site, with the option to change to English - the translations are usually very good! Hope this helps.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.