Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Reliable Builder Sought for Water Penetration thru Roof Problem

Reliable Builder Sought for Water Penetration thru Roof Problem

Old May 30th 2021, 10:06 am
riv
BE Enthusiast

riv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond repute
Default Reliable Builder Sought for Water Penetration thru Roof Problem

I have a problem with water penetration from my flat roof through into the bedroom below.

The single storey house ( with flat roof terrace ) was only built about 23 years ago so I am a bit surprised that such a problem should manifest already. Apparently the back wall of the bedroom ( so at one end of the house - ie an exterior wall - ) is covered with mould and dampness.
Kindly neighbours with keys have been opening windows to air in the sunshine but no improvement noticed .)

First noticed just over a year ago. No one has lived in the house since Feb last year ( because of Covid ).

Can anyone recommend a reliable, honest, builder who would be able to diagnose and repair ? Who works in the area of Eastern Algarve ( East of Tavira ).

Anyone have similar experience and / or able to have a good guess as to what the problem might be and likely cost of repairs ? ( Am dreading the latter , both cost and disruption.)

Old May 30th 2021, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

robbie20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Reliable Builder Sought for Water Penetration thru Roof Problem

Originally Posted by riv
I have a problem with water penetration from my flat roof through into the bedroom below.

The single storey house ( with flat roof terrace ) was only built about 23 years ago so I am a bit surprised that such a problem should manifest already. Apparently the back wall of the bedroom ( so at one end of the house - ie an exterior wall - ) is covered with mould and dampness.
Kindly neighbours with keys have been opening windows to air in the sunshine but no improvement noticed .)

First noticed just over a year ago. No one has lived in the house since Feb last year ( because of Covid ).

Can anyone recommend a reliable, honest, builder who would be able to diagnose and repair ? Who works in the area of Eastern Algarve ( East of Tavira ).

Anyone have similar experience and / or able to have a good guess as to what the problem might be and likely cost of repairs ? ( Am dreading the latter , both cost and disruption.)
Not sure if it is allowed in these rules to suggest anybody who might be able to help with this problem.
Old May 30th 2021, 4:34 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robbie20
Not sure if it is allowed in these rules to suggest anybody who might be able to help with this problem.
Recommendations are very welcome across the forums. Advertising isn't allowed, so somebody recommending a third party is not breaking any rules, but somebody touting for business themselves is.

HTH.
Old May 30th 2021, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

robbie20 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by robbie20
Are you on facebook ? If so take a look at Handyman Tony Algarve . A British chap who has lived for many years in the Algarve. Gets excellent reviews for his work and does a good job for a decent price.
Old May 31st 2021, 8:45 am
riv
BE Enthusiast

riv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. Have emailed him but I note he is based in Albufeira, some 80kms away. I suspect he will not be keen to travel that distance for diagnosis. Also his FB pages don't really show that sort of building work. We will see.

Meanwhile i would welcome other recommendations for a reliable builder in the Eastern Algarve, esp. if anyone has personal experience of the builder's work.

Good to see that recommendations at least are permitted.