rehoming Bertie

Old Dec 12th 2011, 1:27 pm
Just Joined

Menina is an unknown quantity at this point
Default rehoming Bertie

I AM LOOKING TO RE HOMING MY BEAUTIFUL ENGLISH POINTER BERTIE, HE IS A SWEETIE. I RESCUED HIM A COUPLE OF MONTHS AGO FROM ALJEZUR DOG COMPOUND, HE WAS FOUND IN MUNICIPAL KENNEL OF ODEMEIRA BY A GERMAN LADY WHO KNEW THAT THEY ONLY KEPT THE DOGS 3 WEEKS AND THEN PUT TO SLEEP. SO THANK YOU TO HER, SHE COULD NOT KEEP HIM AND KNEW HE WOULD BE SAFE IN ALJEZUR, I FELL IN LOVE WITH HIM TOO. HE IS CASTRATED AND CHIPPED WITH PASSPORT. UNFORTUNATELY FOR HIM MY LIFE HAS CHANGED AND I MAYBE SPENDING MORE AND MORE TIME AWAY FROM PORTUGAL AND HAVING BERTIE WOULD BE A BIG PROBLEM FOR ME, SO I AM ASKING IF ANYONE OUT THERE WOULD BE INTERESTED IN THIS BEAUTIFUL DOG WHO WOULD SHOWER YOU WITH LOVE THREEFOLD. I NEED HIM TO GO TO A LOVING HOME, HE IS ABOUT 3 TO 4 YRS OLD AND HAS HAD ALL IS INOCULATIONS ETC. iF INTERESTED PLEASE CALL ME

Attached Thumbnails rehoming Bertie-003.jpg   rehoming Bertie-005.jpg   rehoming Bertie-007.jpg  
Old Dec 12th 2011, 1:43 pm
I.T Expert - Algarve

scott909 is a jewel in the roughscott909 is a jewel in the roughscott909 is a jewel in the roughscott909 is a jewel in the roughscott909 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: rehoming Bertie

Lovely post, and good luck with finding a new home for your dog. Just a quick reminder that you can turn CAPS LOCK off when typing!
Old Dec 13th 2011, 5:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Big Ant is just really niceBig Ant is just really niceBig Ant is just really niceBig Ant is just really niceBig Ant is just really niceBig Ant is just really niceBig Ant is just really niceBig Ant is just really niceBig Ant is just really niceBig Ant is just really niceBig Ant is just really nice

Bloody terrible post Menina....I hope I am not the only one who reads behind the lines, from the dog's perspective. Do not allow yourself ever to own a dog again !
Old Dec 14th 2011, 4:08 am
Just Joined

I do not know who you are Big Ant, but as it stands i do not think i would like to know you. I think to make judgement on a person you need to get your facts right and to know that person pretty well too.

For your information, as I think you need it.

It maybe that my post had not been worded correctly which gave you your underlying message, so I will try to rectify that.

Bertie is a wonderful, well looked after and loved dog, if i did not find him a home that is secure and loving he would have to be boarded regular and I do not want to do that. I will be travelling out of Portugal quiet frequently, and though it is none of your business, you do need to know before I acquired Bertie I did not know that my circumstances would change.
Through no fault of my own or Bertie's I lost my husband to cancer, this turned my once secure and happy life around as these things do happen in life.
Bertie needs to be secure and happy as he was so timid and frightened when I got him, I have only had him two months. He is now a happy and secure dog who needs to be here in Portugal with the wide open spaces that he loves to run in. I gave him that and all the love he needed. So I do not think you have the right to sit in judgement of my actions, but maybe reflect on your words and how they have upset me very much, it has taken me a long time to move forward I do not need to take paces backwards because of your nasty remarks
Old Dec 14th 2011, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

arko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to all

Good luck Menina. I felt compelled to comment on this when I read that nasty and ridiculous comment.

Last edited by arko; Dec 14th 2011 at 11:20 am. Reason: unclear
Old Dec 14th 2011, 12:19 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by arko
Good luck Menina. I felt compelled to comment on this when I read that nasty and ridiculous comment.
Thank you very much arko for your kind and understanding support
Old Dec 14th 2011, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

Squidlydidly is just really niceSquidlydidly is just really niceSquidlydidly is just really niceSquidlydidly is just really niceSquidlydidly is just really niceSquidlydidly is just really niceSquidlydidly is just really niceSquidlydidly is just really nice

Originally Posted by Big Ant
Bloody terrible post Menina....I hope I am not the only one who reads behind the lines, from the dog's perspective. Do not allow yourself ever to own a dog again !
Well I hope you are the only one.
Old Dec 14th 2011, 1:52 pm
I.T Expert - Algarve

scott909 is a jewel in the roughscott909 is a jewel in the roughscott909 is a jewel in the roughscott909 is a jewel in the roughscott909 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Squidlydidly
Well I hope you are the only one.
Come on guys, play nice. This forum isn't here for us to argue over our opinions. Just keep calm and if you have nothing nice to post, don't post at all.
Old Dec 15th 2011, 8:54 pm
Just Joined

ferragudofan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Menina
I do not know who you are Big Ant, but as it stands i do not think i would like to know you. I think to make judgement on a person you need to get your facts right and to know that person pretty well too.

For your information, as I think you need it.

It maybe that my post had not been worded correctly which gave you your underlying message, so I will try to rectify that.

Bertie is a wonderful, well looked after and loved dog, if i did not find him a home that is secure and loving he would have to be boarded regular and I do not want to do that. I will be travelling out of Portugal quiet frequently, and though it is none of your business, you do need to know before I acquired Bertie I did not know that my circumstances would change.
Through no fault of my own or Bertie's I lost my husband to cancer, this turned my once secure and happy life around as these things do happen in life.
Bertie needs to be secure and happy as he was so timid and frightened when I got him, I have only had him two months. He is now a happy and secure dog who needs to be here in Portugal with the wide open spaces that he loves to run in. I gave him that and all the love he needed. So I do not think you have the right to sit in judgement of my actions, but maybe reflect on your words and how they have upset me very much, it has taken me a long time to move forward I do not need to take paces backwards because of your nasty remarks
Good luck with re-homing your lovely dog - and please know that there are people on this forum who are kind and caring. I do hope that you can take each day as it comes, take small steps forward and do not let someone else's comments like that affect you. No-one knows what lies around the corner and our lives can change in the blink of an eye. Go well - and gently.
Old Dec 16th 2011, 3:52 am
Just Joined

Thank you once again for your kind comments and support. It is good know that there are so many lovely people still willing to give their support and understanding.

M
Old Dec 16th 2011, 3:30 pm
Just Joined

JonaWeber is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Menina,

I was going to send you a private message but I am apparently not allowed to do that because I have not made three posts.

First of all I would like to say that I am shocked at how quickly people jump at conclusions and how eager some people seem to post unfiltered nasty things in forums.

I hope you are no longer hurting about these comments and please know that I think you have done nothing but well regarding Bertie. He is a lucky boy to have come across people who care.

I do not know how often you are now forced to leave Portugal, but I think Bertie would probably still prefer to be boarded when you are not here. He loves you and you love him, and I know I do not know either of you but I think he might also give you a lot of strengths and help you dealing with your loss.

There are boarding places where dogs are not kept in kennels all day long, where they have space to run and excercise and are fully integrated into family life. I offer such pet sitting services myself, but I also know of quite a few others who do. I of course do not know where you live but if you tell me and would like my help I will see if I do not know anybody near you. I am sure there is a something like that near you, and may be that would be a good compromise? If Bertie gets boarded regularly and if the place is "nice" it will become natural to him and he could still be there to shower you with love when you are here and need him to. Also you should get a good discount if he becomes a regular, so make sure you ask for one. :-)

Wishing you and Bertie all the best of luck, and if you cannot keep him that he finds as loving a home as he has now,

All the best,

Jona
Old Dec 20th 2011, 5:35 pm
Just Joined

leffert is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello

Please call 937460015