Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Recent arrival - UK to Faro

Recent arrival - UK to Faro

Old Aug 30th 2021, 9:25 am
BE Enthusiast

sportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recent arrival - UK to Faro

Originally Posted by Score76
I think this has been said before but I can't now see where, but much better to go the old fashioned way and print everything. The only real delays at the gate with all the checks were passengers who hadn't printed things, flipping from one app to show boarding card, to another to find their test results and so on. The check in staff were just making them go to the side to let prepared passengers through.
I flew from Faro to EMA yesterday. Note to self, don’t fly on a Sunday again at the end of August. Faro was mobbed but for 10 euros I bought an extra cabin bag which also got me fast track, which in turn got me to the front of the massive security check queue. Immigration only wanted to see my residency certificate and passport but when I got to the boarding gate the Ryanair staff checked all of my print outs and waived me through. As others have said, some folks who couldn’t find their digital docs on their phones were told to wait to one side. The flight was about one quarter full and when we arrived at EMA I was directed through the automated immigration gates and then out to luggage collection (I didn’t have any) and then to the exit. No one wanted to check my Covid paperwork. Bizarre situation which I’m sure won’t be the case when I return to Faro next weekend. Cool and grey here, just one of the reasons we left 31 years ago …
Old Aug 30th 2021, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

BillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond repute

Our experience of recent air travel to and from the UK, and that of friends and relations, is that there is no telling what checks are being made at Faro or the UK airports. However, if you have printed out all your documentation, you will avoid any hassle and get through quicker. Delays are being caused by people fumbling on their smart phones and people who didn't realise that they needed a negative Covid test result or a passenger location form. Easyjet and Ryanair give you excellent guidance on their websites but many people can't be bothered to read it. This has been the case for many years in our experience.
Old Aug 31st 2021, 5:30 am
BE Forum Addict

wellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond repute

Yesterday I flew PT to UK and back again, thought I would update this thread with my experience.

So 10am from Faro to East Midlands, security was much busier than when I did the same journey at the end of July. Antigen test done the day before. Paperwork checks at the gate, wanting to see negative test cert, UK passenger locator form. Only about 30 people on the flight. At East Midlands it was very slow, checking paperwork again.

On way back a few hours later, wanting to see both negative test and vaccination certification. No one asked for Portuguese Passenger Locator. Plane about half full. A few groups on the flight with talk of being turned away from earlier flights through not having the right paperwork, tests not in the right time frame etc. Fairly slow back at Faro passport control, checking test and vaccination status, some people from other flights being sent back to an office up the stairs to get an test before being let through.

Did you use the same negative covid test that you used for PT to UK?
Old Aug 31st 2021, 6:58 am
BE Enthusiast

chislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond repute

Just out of curiosity what happens to people who test positive before they are due to fly back to UK?

For most on here we have the luxury of a PT home to go back to and isolate.

But if you were a holiday maker who had checked out of your hotel is their provision for these people?

Are there so to speak "Isolation Hotels" in PT where these people are sent?

Just got me wondering!
Old Aug 31st 2021, 7:34 am
Happiest in the sun

Score76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wellinever
Did you use the same negative covid test that you used for PT to UK?
Yes, I took an antigen test at Aqualab the day before so my outward and return flights were covered by the same test.
Old Aug 31st 2021, 10:29 am
riv
BE Enthusiast

riv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond repute

If some of the reports are correct - about the Delta variant cutting through the vaccine protection, ( and the Delta variant constituting nearly 100% of Lisbon cases ) then maybe we have to start worrying again.................

Roll on the Third Dose.
Old Aug 31st 2021, 10:43 am
BE Enthusiast

dingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by riv
If some of the reports are correct - about the Delta variant cutting through the vaccine protection, ( and the Delta variant constituting nearly 100% of Lisbon cases ) then maybe we have to start worrying again.................

Roll on the Third Dose.
This is not going to be over soon, another more evasive variation is on its way

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/30/healt...ybe/index.html
Old Aug 31st 2021, 11:38 am
BE Enthusiast

sportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond repute

Yesterday I flew PT to UK and back again, thought I would update this thread with my experience.

So 10am from Faro to East Midlands, security was much busier than when I did the same journey at the end of July. Antigen test done the day before. Paperwork checks at the gate, wanting to see negative test cert, UK passenger locator form. Only about 30 people on the flight. At East Midlands it was very slow, checking paperwork again.

On way back a few hours later, wanting to see both negative test and vaccination certification. No one asked for Portuguese Passenger Locator. Plane about half full. A few groups on the flight with talk of being turned away from earlier flights through not having the right paperwork, tests not in the right time frame etc. Fairly slow back at Faro passport control, checking test and vaccination status, some people from other flights being sent back to an office up the stairs to get an test before being let through.
Are you doubled jabbed? Previous questions about not needing a test coming back have been answered by others as "no", and this is backed up on the visit portugal website. However, you seen to indicate that you were asked for test confirmation on your return flight so I'm a bit confused now as to whether to get a test or not, and if I do I need to book something today.
Old Aug 31st 2021, 11:54 am
Happiest in the sun

Score76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sportpix
Are you doubled jabbed? Previous questions about not needing a test coming back have been answered by others as "no", and this is backed up on the visit portugal website. However, you seen to indicate that you were asked for test confirmation on your return flight so I'm a bit confused now as to whether to get a test or not, and if I do I need to book something today.
Yes I'm double jabbed with EU cert dated more than 14 days ago. I was still asked to show a negative test at the gate in Faro, at the gate coming back in East Mids and at inbound passport control in Faro again. I took a test at the same time as my kids who I was taking back to the UK. They are 14 and 15 so at this stage haven't had the chance to be vaccinated. Don't know how I would've got on without one.
Old Aug 31st 2021, 12:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

BillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond repute

At Bristol airport my wife only needed to show her EU vaccination certificate and the same applied on arrival at Faro airport last week.
Old Aug 31st 2021, 1:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

morro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond repute

Why company did your wife travel with?
Old Aug 31st 2021, 1:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

toots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond repute

This is getting silly. The right hand /left hand not knowing what the other is doing. I have long stopped asking questions about what is needed although sometimes you feel that you need a bit of a confirmatiom that what you are doing is correct. However I now look on each country website as we are due back into PT next month,(by ferry)but the government websites are not at all clear (especially when translated into English).Looking at the Spanish website I'm still not all that clear as to whether we need neg tests as well as our 2 jabs. I have to assume if no then that also applies to transit over into PT. They also seem to think(especially the UK one) that everyone travels by plane and overland you have to muddle through.
Old Aug 31st 2021, 1:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by morro
Why company did your wife travel with?
Ryanair.
Old Aug 31st 2021, 3:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

wellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I took an antigen test at Aqualab the day before so my outward and return flights were covered by the same test.
On that basis I wonder if I would be covered by one test??
....I intend to fly out at 15.35 from UK, having had antigen test done at Lloyds Pharmacy in my town at 11.00am on the same day (Monday)
and to return to UK dep at 10.30am on the Thursday, so whilst a bit tight, I am thinking I will be going through checks at Faro before 10.30am as that is take off time, or is that living to close to the edge !!!!!
It would certainly save messing about in Portugal to get another test.
Old Aug 31st 2021, 3:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Another thing that occurs to me is.......Did you have to buy a day 2 test before filling in the PLF on your outward journey to UK as proof that you had ordered one. (I appreciate that you would be returning on the same day),, but last time I flew to UK that was necessary when filling in the online PLF

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.