Quarantine is

Old Sep 10th 2020, 4:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

bons is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Quarantine is

back. All travellers from Portugal will have to quarantine from Saturday I think.
Old Sep 10th 2020, 4:27 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quarantine is

It seems bizarre to me that Portugal doesn't already quarantine visitors from the UK, Spain, France, etc.

As with many countries it appears that Portugal is placing attempts to control the pandemic secondary to keeping the economy afloat.
Old Sep 10th 2020, 4:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

bons is an unknown quantity at this point

I think it is a fine balancing act for all nations now. Portugla is probably trying to make the most of the rest of the warm weather.
Old Sep 10th 2020, 6:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

wellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond repute

Returning to Algarve on Monday, just hope the Portugal gov doesnt introduce quarantine there, be just my luck if they do
Old Sep 11th 2020, 8:34 am
BE Enthusiast

barlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond repute

I believe Portugal has handled the situation much better than many countries.

Although the Algarve, with Madeira, will be the region worst hit economically, it was unrealistic to assume, given the stupefying incompetence of the current and recent Westminster administrations, even from April, that the UK would be a substantial sources of tourists for this season.

There have been lapses in Portugal, BUT generally there has been a much better adherence to the rules by society in Portugal than in the UK.

While reimposition of a closed border with Spain is not impossible, I think that much greater rapid attacks on local outbreaks is helping contain the lurgi.

Old Sep 11th 2020, 10:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Shanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond repute

Agree with the above post.
Old Sep 11th 2020, 12:51 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by barlaventoexpert
I believe Portugal has handled the situation much better than many countries.

..... given the stupefying incompetence of the current and recent Westminster administrations, even from April, that the UK would be a substantial sources of tourists for this season.

There have been lapses in Portugal, BUT generally there has been a much better adherence to the rules by society in Portugal than in the UK. ......
Hmmm. And yet the per capita infection rate in Portgal is higher than the UK, Switzerland, and France, and 30% higher than Italy and the Netherlands.

Portugal has very slightly lower per capita numbers that Ireland and Iceland, and the only countries of any consequence in western Europe (there are some of the Balkan countries I haven't listed, plus Belarus in Eastern Euope) that have worse figures than Portugal are, in rising order of per capita infection rates Belgium, Sweden (40% higher than Portugal), Luxembourg, and Spain, which has a per capita infection rate 94% higher than Portugal. So perhaps your "belief" is based on how well you have done compared to Spain?

FWIW the only countries in Europe, east or west, that have higher per capita figures than Spain are the thre pocket states of Andorra, San Marino, and the Vatican.

Last edited by Pulaski; Sep 11th 2020 at 12:54 pm.
Old Sep 11th 2020, 4:41 pm
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
It seems bizarre to me that Portugal doesn't already quarantine visitors from the UK, Spain, France, etc.

Hmmm. And yet the per capita infection rate in Portgal is higher than the UK, Switzerland, and France, and 30% higher than Italy and the Netherlands.

Portugal has very slightly lower per capita numbers that Ireland and Iceland, and the only countries of any consequence in western Europe (there are some of the Balkan countries I haven't listed, plus Belarus in Eastern Euope) that have worse figures than Portugal are, in rising order of per capita infection rates Belgium, Sweden (40% higher than Portugal), Luxembourg, and Spain, which has a per capita infection rate 94% higher than Portugal.
Is it beginning to seem a bit less bizarre yet?
Old Sep 11th 2020, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by Red Eric
... Is it beginning to seem a bit less bizarre yet?
Yes, thank you for joining the dots, and refresing my memory of what I posted just yesterday.
Old Sep 11th 2020, 5:23 pm
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

You're very welcome.

I'll keep an eye on your posts in here in future to see if there's anything else I can assist you with.
Old Sep 11th 2020, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by Red Eric
...... I'll keep an eye on your posts in here in future to see if there's anything else I can assist you with.
You are most magnanimous.
Old Sep 11th 2020, 6:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

chislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond repute

You are most magnanimous.
Your wasting your time Pulaski, everything is fine in Utopia.

Old Sep 11th 2020, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by chislenko
You're wasting your time Pulaski, everything is fine in Utopia.
Well, apart from the grammar and punctuation.
Old Sep 11th 2020, 8:26 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute