Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Public Libraries Western Algarve

Public Libraries Western Algarve

Old Dec 30th 2022, 12:28 am
BE Enthusiast

sportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Public Libraries Western Algarve

My wife has asked me again and again if there is a public library in Lagos. A year or more ago I did a web search and found a location not far away from the Lydle supermarket. I walked up there one day and found a small box by the side of the road with a notice that said something like take one out and put one back. Anyway I've just done another web search and found that there is a municipal library near the hospital in the old town, but from the pics available it looks quite small. There seems to be a library in Alvor, an offshoot of Portimao library. Does anyone have any experience of public libraries in this area and if so do they have much of a selection of English books?
Old Dec 30th 2022, 8:27 am
BE Enthusiast

barlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Public Libraries Western Algarve

When I lived in Lagos until five years ago I was a member of the municipal public library near the old Hospital. I used it mainly to access literature, magazines and newspapers in Portuguese. I think that there was a very small English section.

I should point out that I think you have do be resident in the Conçelho to be a member.

I have no knowledge of the libraries in the Portimão area but I suspect foreign language stock will be limited.
Old Dec 30th 2022, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

bons is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Public Libraries Western Algarve

I went into the library in Alvor, they had a few English books not many. They also had a box of English books outside that you could have for free.