Reload this Page >

Property Solicitor required near Arganil / Gois

Property Solicitor required near Arganil / Gois

Old Oct 19th 2019, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

Helen248 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Property Solicitor required near Arganil / Gois

Hi,

We are currently in Portugal and have found a great property and now require a solicitor for conveyancing (property purchase)..

Does anyone know of a solicitor in or around Arganil / Gois?

I can't go with Maria in Gois as she has power of attorney for the seller and the other one I sourced before leaving Adriana in Tabua is on holiday and we really wanted to get the process started before we leave and head back to UK.

Estate agent said they could sort everything but obviously I need to source my own solicitor and can't rely on Estate agent and sellers solicitor to sort promissory contract/note.

I want to find an affordable solicitor to help ASAP. The other one I found in Arganil wants 1500 euros which is too much. The other ones I contacted wanted between 500 - 750 + tax.

Any help greatly received.
Old Oct 20th 2019, 5:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

barlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Property Solicitor required near Arganil / Gois

It is possible to to do it yourself if you speak Portuguese.

We bought North of Lisbon a couple of years & as we read, speak & write Portuguese, & had experience buying & selling our house in the Algarve, we handle most of the negotiations ourselves, mainly in writing by email..

However, to verify the legal basis of the Contrato da Promessa e Venda (which I modified myself) and the Éscritura and processing the notarisation of the sale, we used a solicitor registered with a solicitor operating under the "Balcão Único do solicitador" scheme.

These are solicitors registered to act a notaries in certain fields such as conveyancing!

It cost us less than 500€. Obviously all taxes accruing to your purchase are to your account.

Note than in Portugal one does not have to have a solicitor in your immediate region.

I've managed to find one in Coimbra who may help.

Mari Eufrásio
Contacto: 912118340
E-mail: [email protected]
Morada: Avenida Calouste Gulbenkian, Lt. 5 - 1º Sala 2
Código Postal: 3000 - 092 Coimbra

Not sure if they do the English though but I suspect so.
Old Oct 20th 2019, 11:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

peterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Property Solicitor required near Arganil / Gois

Originally Posted by Helen248
Hi,

We are currently in Portugal and have found a great property and now require a solicitor for conveyancing (property purchase)..

Does anyone know of a solicitor in or around Arganil / Gois?

I can't go with Maria in Gois as she has power of attorney for the seller and the other one I sourced before leaving Adriana in Tabua is on holiday and we really wanted to get the process started before we leave and head back to UK.

Estate agent said they could sort everything but obviously I need to source my own solicitor and can't rely on Estate agent and sellers solicitor to sort promissory contract/note.

I want to find an affordable solicitor to help ASAP. The other one I found in Arganil wants 1500 euros which is too much. The other ones I contacted wanted between 500 - 750 + tax.

Any help greatly received.
Hi Helen

Go to the Cafe Maytay in Gois and ask at the bar if they can show you where Helda the lawyer lives. He lives across the road from the Cafe like maybe 80m away for the cafe.
Helda speaks very very good English

Peter