Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

property sold at auction; now what?

property sold at auction; now what?

Old Sep 17th 2021, 12:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute
Default property sold at auction; now what?

Just curiosity here, this is of no direct consequence to me.

After losing a court case (fraud), a nearby property was seized by the court, and sold at auction to recover debt.
The process took several years, but the action took place yesterday and the sale price was 1 euro above the minimum.
Meanwhile, the (previous) owner is still living there with wife and animals, renting out rooms, and is still listed on airbnb.
I can reserve rooms through the website into next year.

No sign of moving; all is as before.

So I wonder, is there some grace period, or time to complete formalities?
I don't talk to this person myself.
Old Sep 17th 2021, 12:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

TonyJ1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: property sold at auction; now what?

Might take some time, but the purchaser will take possession
Old Sep 17th 2021, 1:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe friends or family bought the property and now they are technically "tenants"?
Old Sep 17th 2021, 3:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

wellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TonyJ1
Might take some time, but the purchaser will take possession
LOL.....as in a `decade` !! Appeal after appeal.
Old Aug 1st 2022, 11:13 am
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

Update on this;
The ex-owner remained in residence and kept renting out rooms on airbnb until a couple of weeks ago.

Then he died, age 56. Diabetic shock I heard.

I was told he was "stressed about losing his home", so I guess it was as welinever suggested, and he was bouncing it through the courts (known to be his modus operandi).
He had prepared another plot he owned to park a camper on. Cleaned it up, fenced it, and connected municipal water.

I met a mason reworking the meter box at the camp plot; he told me the Camara inspector didn't like the first build because there was too much brick on the supply side. It might be possible to hide a pipe in there and steal water.
Normally he would have let it pass, but due to the reputation of the owner he wanted it changed.

Aibnb clients had to sleep in their car because the gate to the main property was chained.
Now the listing is gone from airbnb and I heard the new owner has taken possession. Chain has been removed.

Old owner's horse is still there. Looks better than before.