Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Proof of income to buy?

Proof of income to buy?

Old Aug 22nd 2013, 5:55 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Proof of income to buy?

No, you need a fiscal number to complete the legal and tax aspects of a property purchase.
Old Aug 22nd 2013, 6:29 am
Forum Regular

loonytoon is an unknown quantity at this point

we bought our house for cash last September (non residents). at no stage were we asked for proof of income or even any questions about our income at all. has something changed this year?

jeff
Old Aug 22nd 2013, 6:56 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Proof of income is one of the conditions if you apply for Residence and obviously a mortgage but not to buy a house.
Old Aug 22nd 2013, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

James3D is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok I will try again in the Autumn!
Old Sep 13th 2013, 7:40 am
BE Enthusiast

BlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by James3D
Ok I will try again in the Autumn!
Olá! Let me know how you get on. I'll probably be joining you soon. I'm also interested in the teaching aspect but can't teach mainstream anymore due to my visual deficiency. I'm just completing an Oceanography module (S330) with the OU. Exam in Oct! I'm also doing a Renewable Energy module at the mo., (T313). Hope to implement what I learn and have learnt in Portugal. )
Old Sep 13th 2013, 7:46 am
BE Enthusiast

BlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
Proof of income is one of the conditions if you apply for Residence and obviously a mortgage but not to buy a house.
EMR bom dia,
Thank you for the heads up regarding the proof of income and fiscal number requirements when it comes to making a purchase.
Best wishes,
Zephyr
Old Sep 13th 2013, 8:24 am
BE Enthusiast

steppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by EMR
I did not have to supply proof of income when I got my 10 year residency last year. I think it depends if you are an EU citizen or not.

Also, I believe that mortgages are as rare as hen´s teeth but you would need proof of income as you would anywhere else.
Old Sep 13th 2013, 2:17 pm
EMR
Banned

Mortgages are much easier to get now as the banks have thousands of properties on their books and are offering deals to shift them .
Old Sep 13th 2013, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

So to buy a house I dont need a proof of income?
I dont want residency at this point.
Why then last time I requested a fiscal number etc and tried to open a bank account, the bank wanted these details? Ie proof of income? Is a proof of income now required not for fiscal number but to open a bank account in order to purchase a house?
Old Sep 13th 2013, 2:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

steppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by James3D
So to buy a house I dont need a proof of income?
I dont want residency at this point.
Why then last time I requested a fiscal number etc and tried to open a bank account, the bank wanted these details? Ie proof of income? Is a proof of income now required not for fiscal number but to open a bank account in order to purchase a house?
I did not say you did not need proof of income to buy a house.

To open accounts with some banks you need to supply proof of income.
Old Sep 13th 2013, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

Ok I tried Santander and another one I cant remember, I think it is blue.
They both asked for income proof because of new regulations.
Thats all I know.