Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Probs trying to log in to Portal das Finanças

Probs trying to log in to Portal das Finanças

Old Apr 12th 2020, 9:35 am
riv
BE Enthusiast

riv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond repute
Default Probs trying to log in to Portal das Finanças

Is anyone else having problems with their account on the Portal das Finanças ?

I last accessed this in February, when I changed my senha to one I could remember more easily.
I also noted the senha in my phone memory.

However today the senha was rejected. I made several attempts and even tried the old one ( which I had noted elsewhere so I know I was not keying it in wrongly. ).

So now am at a loss as to how to check whether all is well. Suggestions please ?

Old Apr 12th 2020, 9:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Probs trying to log in to Portal das Finanças

Originally Posted by riv
Is anyone else having problems with their account on the Portal das Finanças ?

I last accessed this in February, when I changed my senha to one I could remember more easily.
I also noted the senha in my phone memory.

However today the senha was rejected. I made several attempts and even tried the old one ( which I had noted elsewhere so I know I was not keying it in wrongly. ).

So now am at a loss as to how to check whether all is well. Suggestions please ?
On the Authentication screen there is a link "Recupar Senha" - bottom left. Have you tried that ??
Old Apr 12th 2020, 9:55 am
riv
BE Enthusiast

riv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond repute

I have not. Reason being that from memory of other postings here going down that route leads to a postal sending of a new senha. And as I am not in Portugal I would not receive it.

I was hoping that others might say that they had had the same problem. If so it would mean that I could just leave it for a few days till the Finanças website was working again.

Old Apr 12th 2020, 11:39 am
BE Forum Addict

RichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond repute

My login worked fine just now. Have you tried a different browser/device in case that's the problem? Did you verify your phone/email with the portal? If so, I think the password recovery will be by SMS or email.
Old Apr 13th 2020, 12:50 pm
riv
BE Enthusiast

I tried your suggestion of using a different browser ( Opera in this case ).

It got worse ...........THis time the webpage stated ' Insert a correct NIF number ' : so implying the one I had input was invalid.
But it is the one which appears on an email I had from Finanças and also on a recent electricity bill.

So I have inputted a correct NIF. Just as I did input a correct password.

Bizarre that it would not even recognize a correct NIF number.

Old Apr 13th 2020, 12:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

RichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond repute

You're not putting spaces into the NIF are you?
Old Apr 13th 2020, 1:50 pm
riv
BE Enthusiast

Not at all.
Remember I have used the Portal in the past without problems.
Old Apr 13th 2020, 2:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Have you tried clearing cookies, cache etc? That sometimes helps.
Old Apr 14th 2020, 8:46 am
riv
BE Enthusiast

I have run disk cleanup, defrag, turned it off and waited a few hours before turning back on, and tried three different browsers , incl. the one which worked fine last time.

Today the NIF number was , apparently, recognized, but same prob with the senha.

The thing is, i KNOW, I absolutely KNOW that I have the senha correct, the same senha which worked in February. A because I remember it ( chosen because easy for me to remember, and all lower case for the same reason ) and B because the first time it didn't work I checked with my written note in my 'phone.

So I am reluctant to press 'recuperar senha' because that would imply that I had forgotten the senha, which is not the case. And I fear may lead to other problems like a new senha being posted to my Portuguese address.

As far as I am aware there is no way of emailing the Finanças, save through the Portal ~which you can do only having logged in using the senha.

Old Apr 14th 2020, 9:38 am
BE Enthusiast

dingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond repute

I had similar issues a while ago and had to use Internet explorer to gain access. Have you tried that browser?
Old Apr 17th 2020, 1:10 pm
riv
BE Enthusiast

I haven't yet ~ is 'Internet explorer ' the one known now as 'edge' ?
Old Apr 17th 2020, 1:26 pm
riv
BE Enthusiast

Anyway, just tried with Internet Explorer and same issue ~ senha not recognized. Yet I know it is the same one which worked in February, when I last accessed the site.
Old Apr 17th 2020, 1:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

dingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have an accountant who has had access to the site?

Just thinking that if so, they may have changed the password...

If not, guess you're stumped
Old Apr 17th 2020, 1:43 pm
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

The other thing is, now you've had so many goes at it, it could have logged 3 unsuccessful attempts and locked your account but isn't letting you know that with the correct message.

Just a theory.
Old Apr 18th 2020, 11:01 am
riv
BE Enthusiast

No it did let me know ~ but the locking is a temporary thing ~after a day or so you get to have more goes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.