British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Portugal (https://britishexpats.com/forum/portugal-89/)
-   -   possible move to vale de telha (https://britishexpats.com/forum/portugal-89/possible-move-vale-de-telha-496637/)

crazey2cv Nov 27th 2007 9:18 am

possible move to vale de telha

Seeking a bit of advise from the friendly folks in Vale de telha
My husband and i intend to purchase a property there and although the estate agents seem very helpful recommending builders,architects, lawyers etc i feel they always do so with catches!!!!.
Can anyone recommend a good local builder, architect and honest lawyer. If you feel unable to recommend any, please advise the ones to avoid....
Also is there a member of staff at the local camera in Aljezur who speaks english.

thanks

Cleri Nov 27th 2007 10:08 am

Re: possible move to vale de telha

oooooo my favourite subject!!!
I will pm you :D

Mattiespeople Nov 27th 2007 10:25 am

I have also sent PM. Not everyone agrees but VdT can be brill place to live.:thumbsup:

Mattiespeople Nov 27th 2007 7:09 pm

Just noticed your name! I had a 2CV most fab car ever! May get another there are still a few about here as Lisbon was last place they were made. I have a C1 now in memory of the 2CV - it's quite cool. Good Luck

crazey2cv Nov 29th 2007 4:24 am

thanks to all who got back to us.
Sorry another couple of questions...
Is there a good building supplier in the area and a skip hire.
In answer to matties reply. My husband is also a 2cv fanatic having worked for citreon for many years .

Thanks

Mattiespeople Nov 29th 2007 8:51 am

Ola 2CV fans!
VdT has it's own Builders Supply Co. Everyone gets Garden Rocks Gravel free standing BBQ's, etc etc and loads of technical stuff for the true expert DIY people. This Co. is also used by local builders! Do u still own a 2CV?
I was going to bring out a 'rebuild' from 2CV-City but it did not happen! Just as well with nightmare of mare matriculation in PT!:eek::eek::eek:

crazey2cv Dec 4th 2007 9:17 am

Originally Posted by Mattiespeople (Post 5615493)
Ola 2CV fans!
VdT has it's own Builders Supply Co. Everyone gets Garden Rocks Gravel free standing BBQ's, etc etc and loads of technical stuff for the true expert DIY people. This Co. is also used by local builders! Do u still own a 2CV?
I was going to bring out a 'rebuild' from 2CV-City but it did not happen! Just as well with nightmare of mare matriculation in PT!:eek::eek::eek:

Sadly my husband parted with them all when we came to Spain to live..He had several in various stages of restoration!!!!! or should i say in bits!!!! We have seen lots on our travels in Spain and Portugal so prehaps he can help find a good portuguese one for you

RONALDO Jan 10th 2008 11:42 pm

HI my Villa was just finished i am very happy with all involved you can come and have a look

gazz Jan 11th 2008 4:33 am

Originally Posted by RONALDO (Post 5772984)
HI my Villa was just finished i am very happy with all involved you can come and have a look

go on cleri, i dare you:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Redlippie Jan 11th 2008 9:18 am

Oh, can I come stay for say, 2 months or so, like?

Mattiespeople Jan 11th 2008 9:46 am

I still want a 2CV any colour but not pale blue - if anyone see's one for sale let me know.:eek:

derbyflan Jan 11th 2008 10:13 am

Literary giant you ain't, sap :rolleyes:

Redlippie Jan 11th 2008 10:56 am

Hello luv. How's Owen? Playing poker with his old man again? :)

RONALDO Jan 11th 2008 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by derbyflan (Post 5775535)
Literary giant you ain't, sap :rolleyes:

ok try this

ve la se podes fazer comentarios noutra lingua

RONALDO Jan 11th 2008 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by Redlippie (Post 5775283)
Oh, can I come stay for say, 2 months or so, like?

yes the villa go for rent from April so you are welcome ;)